Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Caught the box xcore of tonight's game. Was the foul discrepancy (27-11) warranted? Most of WVU's players had 4 or 5 fouls.
WVU plays an aggressive style but no team was going to walk out of Carver close in Free Throws. Iowa girls know how to act and fall down all over the place as well.

Reactions: Drew0311

swclone11

Feb 17, 2024
Caught the box xcore of tonight's game. Was the foul discrepancy (27-11) warranted? Most of WVU's players had 4 or 5 fouls.
Short answer: no.
Long answer: WV fouls more than any team they play - objective truth. However, that doesn't mean that every foul against them is warranted (as Iowa fans will argue). Many non-calls on Iowa and more than a few ticky-tacks on WV. Probably should've been closer to 24-16 or something like that.

Reactions: psycln11

cyfan21

Aug 24, 2010
Davenport
Caitlyn Clark’s last home game in Iowa city. Of course it’s going to come down to the wire. Advertisers gotta make sure they get eyeballs for their return on investment. How much do you suppose the ads cost during that event?

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Short answer: no.
Long answer: WV fouls more than any team they play - objective truth. However, that doesn't mean that every foul against them is warranted (as Iowa fans will argue). Many non-calls on Iowa and more than a few ticky-tacks on WV. Probably should've been closer to 24-16 or something like that.
That was kind of why I asked, since the WVU MBB had that rep under Huggy. I thought they might get a few more, but two fouling out, four ending the game with four fouls each, and the seventh player with one...compared to the two Iowa players with 3 fouls...well, it seemed a bit extreme.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
That's a shame the officiating wasn't objective.
Watched about 50 seconds but you know they are looking for Iowa, USC, UConn and whoever else is a big team to get in the final four. They have pushed the women’s game hard the last couple years. They had it on OTA network last year so they need to try to attract viewership and having less than 2 of the 5 big names that they keep pumping will hurt their numbers.

• Winner
Reactions: GT25Ump

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Feel for WV…. they looked like the better team.

CC’s behavior was slightly better tonight, I will give her that, but by far still the biggest whiner on the court.

Juju is ballin’ though. So fun to watch. Just plays the game…. imagine that!

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
He asked if they changed any rules because of her, I posted an example of one they did. Nowhere did I say I whether I agreed with it or not. Lol, man you're so touchy.
I mean it’s not a rule to be proud about IMO.

• Winner
Reactions: clonedude

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
I’ve always laughed at my friends who swear up and down that pro and college sports are fixed. I am starting to wonder…

Reactions: rosshm16

swclone11

Feb 17, 2024

Us fans know that this game was pre-baked, essentially, but I can imagine that doesn't make those Mountaineer players feel any better tonight. ESPN didn't even bother to put a spotlight on WVU's All-American. It's almost like she wasn't there. Just pitiful, pitiful journalism, if you can call it that. I normally am a pretty big Holly Rowe fan (and I imagine this came from higher up), but that was so disappointing. It's like they wanted everyone watching - no matter if they were a casual fan or not - to cheer against West Virginia.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I do feel like Bluder will be relieved next year when CC is gone. She has definitely shown signs of being annoyed with her, especially as of late. Showed it again tonight.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron