Well, it's finally over

nrg4isu

Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois

Well, it's finally over....

It's only over when these stupid threads stop showing up on the front page. Seriously by now, who gives a **** about CC. Stop posting in these threads. I've stayed out of them until now because I don't want to be part of the problem and as such, this will be my last post in any thread about CC.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
It's only over when these stupid threads stop showing up on the front page. Seriously by now, who gives a **** about CC. Stop posting in these threads. I've stayed out of them until now because I don't want to be part of the problem and as such, this will be my last post in any thread about CC.
Thank you for your service.

Clearly a lot of people give a **** about CC. She's a huge star and happen to plays for our biggest rival. Excuse us while we celebrate the end of her career. People make it out to be this huge mean-spirited conspiracy of ISU fans praying on the downfall of a random womens basketball player.

SHE PLAYS FOR THE HAWKEYES. It's a time for petty celebration. That's what makes college sports.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Wow... that is bad.

That is pretty much how she played all year. Not sure why it has taken all her fans this long to notice? She is horrible at getting back on defense. Especially if something she didn’t like happened. It’s really bad, and not how anyone would want their daughter to play the game.

loyalsons4evertrue

Sep 18, 2020
The only bad look for our fanbase is those who were cheering for an instate rival to win a National Championship.

I mean what the **** people!!!!!!!!!!!
Right?! I can't imagine a single Clemson fan who was happy about yesterday's outcome......I feel like the state of Iowa is the only state where our fan bases root each other on when we're not playing each other.....Now I definitely do not fall in line with that.

I want Iowa to fail at everything from football to their swimming and diving team.

loyalsons4evertrue

Sep 18, 2020
I really hope ISU fans can channel this Caitlin Clark hate into supporting Cyclone Women's Basketball next year.
It's not like we haven't been.....and I surely have been supporting them.

Pretty sure CycloneWBB on Twitter just said we averaged more than 10k fans this year....putting us probably T5 in attendance once again. I imagine next year, season tickets will be a near record if not a record broken.

There's going to be lots of hype for this team.

Havs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
It's not like we haven't been.....and I surely have been supporting them.

Pretty sure CycloneWBB on Twitter just said we averaged more than 10k fans this year....putting us probably T5 in attendance once again. I imagine next year, season tickets will be a near record if not a record broken.

There's going to be lots of hype for this team.
Yeah, I agree our fan support is good. In my experience however, the loudest CC haters never set foot in Hilton for WBB though.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
The term "CC hate" seems to be getting thrown around a lot to describe our fanbase.

I think "tired of CC oversaturation" would probably be a better term.

I think we've proven that we are very capable of tipping our caps to a deserving opposing player over the years. The onslaught of CC coverage this year has felt excessive, though. Especially to a rival team.

DeepHoop

Oct 28, 2006
The Heights
Thank you for your service.

Clearly a lot of people give a **** about CC. She's a huge star and happen to plays for our biggest rival. Excuse us while we celebrate the end of her career. People make it out to be this huge mean-spirited conspiracy of ISU fans praying on the downfall of a random womens basketball player.

SHE PLAYS FOR THE HAWKEYES. It's a time for petty celebration. That's what makes college sports.
Frame this post and hang it in the Louvre!

Last edited:
  • Dumb
Reactions: SerenityNow

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I probably would have been a Clark fan and rooted for Iowa more this season but the local media just ruined it for me. She was fun to watch, I'll give her that. Now it's Audi time.

I think this is the crux of the matter for most, whether they realize it or not.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I probably would have been a Clark fan and rooted for Iowa more this season but the local media just ruined it for me. She was fun to watch, I'll give her that. Now it's Audi time.

The upcoming season(s) will be the real test. Audi isn't going to be the transcendent player CC was, but will the local media give her her due as an Iowa girl playing good ball and elevating her team?

(I give Ken and Trent a lot of credit on this, even with CC being the big story they heaped a lot of praise on Audi when it was warranted throughout the season)

• Agree
Reactions: mj4cy

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Based on some of CC's on the court antics, I'm gonna guess she had a hissy fit when she didn't get a pony for her birthday when she was growing up.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I think this is the crux of the matter for most, whether they realize it or not.

It was a big national story these past few weeks quite obviously and somewhat when the record was broken.

On the flip side the local media had even some ISU fans so brainwashed they were arguing with me on this board that Clark was bigger nationally than the NFL playoffs and Super Bowl WHILE those things were happening. That's utter nonsense. That's only true in a tiny Kieth Murphy media bubble locally.

loyalsons4evertrue

Sep 18, 2020
The term "CC hate" seems to be getting thrown around a lot to describe our fanbase.

I think "tired of CC oversaturation" would probably be a better term.

I think we've proven that we are very capable of tipping our caps to a deserving opposing player over the years. The onslaught of CC coverage this year has felt excessive, though. Especially to a rival team.
CC's fame is what it would've felt like for UNC fans had Zion Williamson been at Duke for 4 years...and just 1 year of Zion was enough for me and a lot of basketball fans across the country

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron