It’s hard to start things over

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Staley had so much pure vocal talent. Man in the Box will never be sang as well. You can't fake his voice distortion. That's just unique talent he was born with.

Fun fact before he was a singer he was a drummer. His friends would make fun of him when he told them he wanted to be a famous singer. It pissed him off so much he became a legend.

Turn2

May 12, 2011
Clusterfunkeny
So glad I got to see AIC in their prime during the Dirt Tour. I believe it was the last show at Peony Park in Omaha. Perfect evening, small crowd, seems surreal even now. Staley and Cantrell were just fabulous.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
As I get older, Jerry Cantrell grows on me more and more. His solo stuff that has Greg Puciato (from Dillinger Escape Plan) is fantastic! The Brighten Album is one of my favorites! More blues as he ages, but that man can still write some amazing songs.

• Agree
Reactions: 0u812 and Drew0311

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
As I get older, Jerry Cantrell grows on me more and more. His solo stuff that has Greg Puciato (from Dillinger Escape Plan) is fantastic! The Brighten Album is one of my favorites! More blues as he ages, but that man can still write some amazing songs.
He is also the best at harmonizing his vocals to match whomever he is singing with. Plus his guitar licks are so good

• Agree
Reactions: 0u812 and ISUKyro

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Saw Alice In Chains play in a bar in 1989 or 1990. They were definitely a new taste that people were not exposed to yet. I was not sure what to make of them that night. They were a warm up act back then.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Saw Alice In Chains play in a bar in 1989 or 1990. They were definitely a new taste that people were not exposed to yet. I was not sure what to make of them that night. They were a warm up act back then.
They were scheduled to play Farm Aid at Jack Trice and backed out after we already bought tickets. Not sure why. Guessing Lane had some sort of issue with maybe something he was medicating with. I was so sad. The rest of Farm Aid was not the type of acts I like. We still went and had a good time. Just didn't get to see AIC