Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
I have no idea how long the season is. Why would I? I just know she fakes injurures.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Shocking, she came back into the game. Add it too the list.

That video wasn't an easy watch. I don't think she was faking anything there.

She's lucky that wasn't more serious.

Playing against bigger, stronger, and faster players is a way to get hurt.

I quit basketball after my freshman year because I was 1.) a year young for my high school class and 2.) not all that big to begin with then and now. I was playing against guys who were just plain bigger than me and a year further in puberty than me. It just wasn't fun being that physically outmatched all the time.

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
Looks like she tried not to slam into a screen again and hurt herself slowing down. Probably remembering slamming into Stewie.
I just watched it. She weenied out to not get her ass kicked on a screen. She tried to fall down, all no contact, and had a slight twist of an ankle. She returned to the game. BFD.

Reactions: legi and CySmurf

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020

I quit basketball after my freshman year because I was 1.) a year young for my high school class and 2.) not all that big to begin with then and now. I was playing against guys who were just plain bigger than me and a year further in puberty than me. It just wasn't fun being that physically outmatched all the time.
Your interpretation and mine are 180° apart. It was easy to watch. Self induced and all non contact. Nothing serious and returns to game. BFD.

• Winner
Reactions: mikeiastat and legi

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Your interpretation and mine are 180° apart. It was easy to watch. Self induced and all non contact. Nothing serious and returns to game. BFD.

You think she intentionally bent her left foot to a >180° angle like that?

Good way to injure all sorts of things in your foot, ankle, and lower leg.

• Haha
Reactions: Gonzo

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
You think she intentionally bent her left foot to a >180° angle like that?

Good way to injure all sorts of things in your foot, ankle, and lower leg.
No, I did not say that. She realized she was about to get her ass kicked, intentionally fell down instead of going over the top or under the screen ( which is normal), and slightly twisted her ankle on the fall. It can't be a serious sprain as she returned. BFD.

Reactions: legi

cydnote

Oct 24, 2023
Didn't watch the whole game and glad she wasn't hurt. The game didn't go as I had hoped. I wanted her to air-ball a logo three with plenty of time on the clock for the win. Instead she probably cost the fever a good chance at a win by forgetting her dad's advice to "shut up", drawing the T. Who said her college game wouldn't carry over to the pros?

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006

I turned 17 near our last football game my senior year.

I was the only football/basketball letter winner my jr and sr years,.....in the initial MVC.

Excuses are not an excuse, just a crutch. Either you can play, or not.

I am picking on you, just providing the other side.

• Haha
Reactions: Tailg8er

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

Yeah, it looked terrible and I'm sure it hurt a lot. She did fake a lot of injuries even just this past season though so you can't blame people for thinking it was fake.

I'll never forget the sound and feeling of when I had a bad ACL tear playing soccer, I'm glad I don't have a video of it.