2 Things that fans didnt tell me...

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I am seriously going to turn into Terry Tate office linebacker soon in my office!

WHAM!! You know you need a cover sheet on your TPS report!!

TheCity

Jul 8, 2008
The City, VA to CA
CF, I am honored by the many requests that I am receiving and the invites to tailgate.Honestly IDK where we will be and what we will be doing. I know we're out getting ISU stuff right now and heading up to the stadium around 3. Id truthfully like to meet and greet everyone, but I dont wanna bring a lot of attention to me. Ill more than likely go in the JT early and chill there, in section 27 I believe.Private message me!

kcclone33

Dec 15, 2008
Ames
I went to the ISU homecoming game about 3 years ago against Texas Tech and that was cold. I thought KC was cold in the winter...Iowa is a whole different ball game. Other than the weather I really like going to the games in Ames. I can't believe how much colder Iowa is compared to KC, I would hate to see how cold it gets further north.
I guess this is kind of a given after that post but... I have relatives that live in the KC are and i can't believe how much warmer it gets earlier in the spring.
On the other side of things after going to Minnesota a coupla times in late spring/early summer, i couldn't believe that it was still 50s-hi 60s there. Out of these 3 areas the summers and winters seem to be pretty similar in temp, just with different length spring/falls.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
CF, I am honored by the many requests that I am receiving and the invites to tailgate.Honestly IDK where we will be and what we will be doing. I know we're out getting ISU stuff right now and heading up to the stadium around 3. Id truthfully like to meet and greet everyone, but I dont wanna bring a lot of attention to me. Ill more than likely go in the JT early and chill there, in section 27 I believe.Private message me!

Make sure to come over to D4, by 4:15 or so. The firetruck that leads the team would love to have you ride along. Then you can stand inside the ropes to give your brother a hug when they get off the bus.

I should be there by 3:30 and will be 6'3" with a gray beard with some proud remnants of black hair sprinkled in. If you can't make it there, listen for the firetruck sirens and meet us at the North end, away from Jack Trice and jump on there.

You won't regret stopping by!

Cymaster

Jun 14, 2006
Not to be a downer but liquor actually makes you colder in the long run because it makes your blood vessels constrict.:cool:

Then, don't! We don't need you bringing in scientific facts to dispute perceptions. Not only that, but your one tiny statement may actually persuade people to stay more sober. Did you even stop to think about the effect your comments may have, man?!?

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
currently on my way to 2 of my favorite places! Walmart and STARBUCKS! this town is completely fired up everywhere I look! I love that...

Yep thats Gameday in Ames! And just wait til next weekend..... you'lll be blown away!

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
1.The fog is Iowa is rather frightening early in the morning! lol
2. Its cold out here!!!!!!

However, there's no place I'd rather be than right here right now, wearing this smile and these colors!
Posted via Mobile Device

You think it's cold now...wait a couple of months!

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Man all the posts you have made on this site "city" has finally lead up to this day. Congrats and you should be proud of your brother.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Yep thats Gameday in Ames! And just wait til next weekend..... you'lll be blown away!
This. When Iowa comes to town for a football game, all hell breaks loose. There well be a crap ton of people all over, its a friggin circus there. I love it! :yes:

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Not to be a downer but liquor actually makes you colder in the long run because it makes your blood vessels constrict.:cool:

Then, don't! We don't need you bringing in scientific facts to dispute perceptions. Not only that, but your one tiny statement may actually persuade people to stay more sober. Did you even stop to think about the effect your comments may have, man?!?

The butterfly effect has begun!!!

zach

Jul 17, 2006
The Subs
The City, welcome to The Midwest, The Country and The Corn Fields and Ames! Ames is a wonderful and beautiful comunity!

I hope you will end up having as many great memories about Ames and ISU as I do and many others on this board.

Safe travels!

Z

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
Definitely colder than I'm used to... actually had to turn on the heat in my car this morning because I didn't wear a sweatshirt. The Iowa game was horrible two years ago -- I think it actually hit the freezing mark overnight. Usually summer is still boiling us up at 80-90 degree temps.

Enjoy the game, hopefully it's a great crowd tonight!