2019 ISU Football Predictions

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
10 wins after losing the best WR and RB in program history? Purdy is good but losing the safetiest of all safety blankets in Butler and Montgomery is going to take a big toll, IMO. 8 is realistic but 10 seems like a giant stretch.

synapticwave

Mar 9, 2007
Austin, TX
www.longshotgames.com
DM and HB accounted for 73% of our yards in the bowl game. Offense is going to take a big step backwards. D should be about the same, but we'll score 4-6 points less per game (or whatever that would be adjusted by number of possessions). I think that results in 1-2 less wins than this year. So I'll say we'll go 7-5 - but get a favorable bowl matchup and end up 8-5 again - and CMC will become the second coach in 100 years to have a winning record at ISU.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Favored: UNI, Louisiana-Monroe, Baylor, KU, KSU, WVU, TCU, TTU (We probably lose one of these...Baylor will prob be the toughest)
Underdog: OU, UT (I think we beat Texas)
Even: UI, OSU (The team seems to ramp up slowly at the beginning of each season. If they get going out of the gate we beat Iowa)

What is scary is that you look at this schedule and the only game I feel is a "highly likely" loss is OU.

cyyote15

Nov 3, 2013
Sioux Falls, SD
I have been seeing a lot of people calling texas a "for sure" lose, which I don't understand. It sounds like they lose quite a bit on the defensive side of the ball. I know they can usually plug and play, but this year might be interesting and they may lean towards more of a shootout kind of team.

Same with Oklahoma (again a plug and play team). They are losing pretty much their entire offensive line, QB, 2 WR and I believe 2 running backs. They also picked up a new defensive coordinator and it will be interesting to see how their team adjust to that.

Obviously these are going to be the two toughest games on the schedule, but I don't think they will be as tough as most of you are predicting. Cant wait to get Texas up here in November!

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Wins: UNI, LaMo, TCU, OkSt, KU
Losses: at OU
Tossups: Iowa, at Baylor, at WV, at Tech, Texas, at KSt

Normally, I would pencil in 8-4. BUT... 4 of the tossups will have new coaches. We are overdue to beat Iowa. And Texas is always close up here. So I would have to say 8-4 is low end, and 10 is certainly possible.

HOLD ON PARTNER -- DO WE REALLY PLAY TEXAS UP HERE IN NOVEMBER??????

• Funny
Reactions: benjimill

Naddafinga

Aug 14, 2013
IA
10 wins after losing the best WR and RB in program history? Purdy is good but losing the safetiest of all safety blankets in Butler and Montgomery is going to take a big toll, IMO. 8 is realistic but 10 seems like a giant stretch.
First of all we lost an outstanding RB in DM, but he's not the best RB in program history. We have good RB's already and TWO 4 Star RB recruits coming in. If the O'line takes the next step who knows. Butler is a Big Loss as well but the cupboard certainly isn't bare at WR either. Will they win 10, I don't know but if you concede 8 is realistic I hardly think 10 is a "giant stretch". I think doubters will be surprised on how well this team will do without DM & HB "IF" the O'line is better.
We'll all see next fall.
giphy.gif

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
View attachment 61478
Too Early But What The Heck
Baylor W 38-35
TCU W 28-17
WV W 24-13
TX TECH L 35-31
OK STATE W 28-24
OK L 42-31
TEXAS W 21-20
KANSAS W 41-20
KANSAS STATE W 34-31

10-2

IMO if the O'Line takes that next step forward it should make for another successful & interesting year.
HCMC & Staff will have em ready!

giphy.gif

Loss to Texas Tech? I don't see that.

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com

I agree that 10 seems a bit high for ISU as well; what's Iowa's projected win total? I know you guys like to jerk off constantly about Epenesa, but do you think he can offset the loss of the entire D line? Can Stanley & Smith-Marsette offset the potential loss of both tight ends?

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
UNI W
UI W
Louisana Monroe W
@ Baylor L
TCU W
@ WVU W
@ TX TECH W
OK STATE W
@ OU L
TEXAS L
KANSAS W
@ KANSAS STATE W

9-3 (6-3) going into championship week

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
I agree that 10 seems a bit high for ISU as well; what's Iowa's projected win total? I know you guys like to jerk off constantly about Epenesa, but do you think he can offset the loss of the entire D line? Can Stanley & Smith-Marsette offset the potential loss of both tight ends?

My personal prediction for Iowa is 7-5 now accounting for the early entries. The schedule gets a lot harder as well. The defense should still be really good. They return 4 guys who were all mainstays in the defensive line rotation. The offense is a huge concern. Returning both tackles helps but who makes plays on offense? I really don’t know.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron