2021 Football Targets

Cykobabble

Oct 22, 2009
SiAP...but someone ‘in the know’ have any info on our verbal commit Twedt/Roland Story? Recent article (Matthew Bain) had interesting quotes in it. Are we losing ground with him to the people out East? Realize he verballed early. I know nothing about him, but it’s just the way this article was worded that confused me ...the comment of accepting the offer in case CMC left? Wouldn’t it be the opposite that a player waits to see?
My take on this article, is that he is a soft verbal, and that he may reopen his recruitment. He mentioned that Iowa State recruits in big numbers and the TOE zeros in on a smaller number of recruits.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Unless there is a miracle and ISU gets baseball back in the next yea Brody wont be going to ISU. He wants to play both football and baseball in college. He actually might get drafted next year in MLB

I was wondering why he keeps visiting us. It's because he's already eliminated ISU, but wanted to keep telling Campbell to his face. Like, several times over multiple weeks. Makes sense.

UNI1ISU2

Jun 7, 2019
I was wondering why he keeps visiting us. It's because he's already eliminated ISU, but wanted to keep telling Campbell to his face. Like, several times over multiple weeks. Makes sense.
It is 20 minutes from home. Why not get sideline passes and have fun at games? With baseball and football offers he is going to be able to take a lot of visits to a lot of fun places. would not surprise me if he goes to Nebraska to play both if its not Iowa

Reactions: Halincandenza

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
It is 20 minutes from home. Why not get sideline passes and have fun at games? With baseball and football offers he is going to be able to take a lot of visits to a lot of fun places. would not surprise me if he goes to Nebraska to play both if its not Iowa

ISU is very much in contention for him. If he wasn't considering ISU, he'd be spending his weekends elsewhere.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
I don't personally understand if Brecht is that good at football and baseball, why not focus on baseball and go that route, especially if he could even potentially get drafted already. I know he's young and "invincible" but I would avoid the potential long term health issues from football. Maybe that's just the dad in me talking...

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009

^^^^^^ Not a pantherhok