2021 Football Targets

HTOWN Cyclone

May 27, 2018
We arent going to land Nwankpa.
Miller and King were recruited as CBs.
We try to land 3 safeties per class. We try to reload every position for the most part.
As for why we need them, we lost Keontae Jones and a few others, we haven’t heard ANYTHING about Vonzell Kelley or Virdel Edwards. We are VERY thin at safety since we play 3 guys. We need EVERY safety we can get.
I LOVE Craig Macdonald.

“We arent going to land Nwankpa”

Well, that’s disappointing to hear so early. He is wanted by everyone.
Anything particular why we aren’t still in the running?

What is the problem with legacy recruiting? We have a terrible track record with them. Its a huge surprise when they choose us.

Why isn’t at least 50/50 do you think ?

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.

I tend not to lend credence to definitive statements like that, that aren’t straight from the horse’s mouth—or at least holding the feed bag.

There were people who said we weren’t going to land a certain player currently employed in Green Bay. And who said we weren’t going to beat Oklahoma this year.

Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Does anyone know why the #1 kicker in the country only would have offers from ISU and Rice? Seems odd.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Does anyone know why the #1 kicker in the country only would have offers from ISU and Rice? Seems odd.
It’s the #1 kicker from Kohl’s camp. Does every kicker in the country go to that camp?

I think I heard something weeks ago about a kicker with several offers committing to a blue blood. I’m assuming he wasn’t at Jamie Kohl’s camp.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018

I think a lot of senior kickers will be returning next year with the extra year of eligibility, so the market is a little less crowded. Plus his number 1 rating is from Kohl’s which is 1 of 2 highly regarded kicker rating services (Sailor being the other one)

4EverACyclone

Jun 18, 2011
Omaha, NE
I think a lot of senior kickers will be returning next year with the extra year of eligibility, so the market is a little less crowded. Plus his number 1 rating is from Kohl’s which is 1 of 2 highly regarded kicker rating services (Sailor being the other one)

Sailor has him at #4. Has him rated as a starter freshman year.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013

Anything particular why we aren’t still in the running?

What is the problem with legacy recruiting? We have a terrible track record with them. Its a huge surprise when they choose us.

Why isn’t at least 50/50 do you think ?
We are still technically in the running, but don’t get your hopes up for a top-5 safety recruit to choose ISU, no matter of legacy or not.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Which of the Iowa commits can we get to flip over the recent bombshell coming out of the dm register? (now actually national news on espn.com lawsuit involving former players)

How any Iowa kid wants to jump into that cesspool is beyond me.....

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
It’s the #1 kicker from Kohl’s camp. Does every kicker in the country go to that camp?

I think I heard something weeks ago about a kicker with several offers committing to a blue blood. I’m assuming he wasn’t at Jamie Kohl’s camp.
247 can kick rocks on Kicker Ratings, here's a helpful chart:
247Kohl'sSailor's
Sander Sahaydak18
Andres Borregales276
Cameron Little322
Ian Wagner426
Connor Lytton510047
David Kemp655
Kriston Esnard74
Joe McFadden8173
Josh Bryan91
Matthew Dennis102814
Edward Czaplicki113
Brendan Hall12
Caden Costa137
Cole Becker1414

• Informative
Reactions: Aclone

Inthesystem

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 12, 2009
The fact we offered a kicker tells me CMC has a lot of confidence we are headed to championship/playoff games.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Yep, and it’s the more respected of the two camps. He’ll be one of the two kickers in the Under Armour All American game
Well, at the other camp he apparently out kicked all but three of the “other guys”, so I’m not sure whether “more respected” is relevant—especially when both are clearly more respectable than 247’s kicker rankings.

DhaCheann

Mar 31, 2012
Denver, CO
Well, at the other camp he apparently out kicked all but three of the “other guys”, so I’m not sure whether “more respected” is relevant—especially when both are clearly more respectable than 247’s kicker rankings.
“More respected” is relevant when one camp ranks guys based on their performance at camps and uses statistics to back up their rankings while the other camp ranks guys based on how often a guy comes to their camp/how much in total they pay the coach running the camp and obviously performing at the camp.

Either way, we’re splitting hairs and he’s a great get for us. As I mentioned, he’s one of two kickers playing in the Under Armour All American game.

Reactions: nrg4isu

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron