2021 Football Targets

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
S Jaylen Johnson

With five offers to his credit, Johnson is starting to see interest rise among college coaches. He landed his first Power Five offer this week when Iowa State offered.

"My latest offers are from Iowa State and Liberty and I also had a great visit to Louisville," Johnson stated. "The Iowa State offer came about when Coach (Jeff) Myers came to my school to check me out. He was telling me how he wanted to offer me but he wanted to talk to the head coach first. He told me to be patient and that he would get that done for me."

"This week, my coach called me up to his room and told me that I finally got the Iowa State offer, and this is one I have been hoping to get for a while now," he added. "I know about Iowa State from David Montgomery, who's from Cincinnati, and I also know his cousin really well. I know a lot about Iowa State and I have a lot of love for their program."

"I am going to visit the school but I don't know when just yet," he continued. "They are recruiting me to play safety. I really like Coach Myers and he was a really cool guy. He wanted to get to know me as a person and I really liked that.

https://247sports.com/Article/Iowa-State-is-the-first-big-offer-for-the-rising-junior-132259895/

Reactions: Aclone and cyyote15