[Added Jason Essex] 2022 Class Breakdown

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
here are some of my predictions for the instate guys

Nwankpa will go to a blue blood, but if by some miracle he stays in state, he will choose Cyclones.

Hunter Deyo is a monster and will be a HOK.

ISU and HOK will split the two top TEs, Raridon and Burkle. Burkle is waiting on the HOK and HOK is waiting on Raridon to decide. They are both different dudes (Raridon is a Tyler Moore type, Burkle is like Soehner) but both are studs. I think ISU has a great chance for Raridon.

Buddenhagen will be a HOK if they offer, mystery otherwise

Jaxon Dailey is a tough one. I think a few dominos need to drop before his recruitment ramps up. Once the big time QB choose their school, teams will scramble for other options.

will McLaughlin will be a cyclone.

Corey Phillips will leave the state (likely a MAC school)

Dominic Wiseman will eventually get an ISU offer and will be a Cyclone

Last edited:

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018

Nwankpa will go to a blue blood, but if by some miracle he stays in state, he will choose Cyclones.

ISU and HOK will split the two top TEs, Raridon and Burkle. Burkle is waiting on the HOK and HOK is waiting on Raridon to decide. They are both different dudes (Raridon is a Tyler Moore type, Burkle is like Soehner) but both are studs. I think ISU has a great chance for Raridon.

Jaxon Dailey is a tough one. I think a few dominos need to drop before his recruitment ramps up. Once the big time QB choose their school, teams will scramble for other options.

Phillips is a decent athlete. I wouldn’t mind ISU giving him an offer and seeing where he can fit.

Cycl0nepower

Apr 4, 2020
Ohio

Bock put a crystal ball for ISU on McLaughlin.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Phillips is a decent athlete. I wouldn’t mind ISU giving him an offer and seeing where he can fit.
I don't see Phillips as a P5 athlete. I know he's in Ames and what not, I just don't see the speed, power or instincts needed to be at a top 25 program.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Hok is pushing hard for lil Rose. I wouldn't be "shocked" if he does goes elsewhere.

C'mon Mike..... you absolutely CANNOT allow your little brother to go to Iowa. Pull through for us! Beat him up if you have to.... that's what big brothers do..... beat some sense into their little brothers.... it's your job.

• Agree
Reactions: 83cy

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
I don't see Phillips as a P5 athlete. I know he's in Ames and what not, I just don't see the speed, power or instincts needed to be at a top 25 program.

I agree with your assessment as far as him as a football player. I was basing my statement on his athleticism from what I have seen of him playing basketball. He would definitely be a project guy.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA

Appreciate all your notes. Thank you.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
I agree with your assessment as far as him as a football player. I was basing my statement on his athleticism from what I have seen of him playing basketball. He would definitely be a project guy.
Top 15 programs don’t take “project” guys unless their athleticism is freakish like Tyreek Hill. Every guy we recruit now needs to have the potential to make it to the NFL. I don’t see it with Corey Phillips.

• Informative
Reactions: cyputz

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Top 15 programs don’t take “project” guys unless their athleticism is freakish like Tyreek Hill. Every guy we recruit now needs to have the potential to make it to the NFL. I don’t see it with Corey Phillips.

That is where I have to disagree with you. I agree that top 15 recruiting programs don’t take projects. But ISU isn’t anywhere near a top 15 recruiting program. So in order to perform like a top 15 team as far as results on the field you need to take a chance with guys who maybe aren’t ideal size, don’t have a clear position, or are raw skill wise.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
That is where I have to disagree with you. I agree that top 15 recruiting programs don’t take projects. But ISU isn’t anywhere near a top 15 recruiting program. So in order to perform like a top 15 team as far as results on the field you need to take a chance with guys who maybe aren’t ideal size, don’t have a clear position, or are raw skill wise.
Phillips has size and height and that’s about it. Doesn’t move well.

• Informative
Reactions: isutrevman

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I don't get too caught up in recruiting but 1 thing Campbell's staff has done is identifying talent that fits his system and getting in early on them which is huge when other big programs try to offer them late like Alabama did with Purdy. After this season anyone who has sniffed an offer or visit from this staff has probably taken notice.

Reactions: A_storm_is_comin

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Name: Jacob Imming
Position: LB
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 197lb
Other Measurables:
NCAA Football 14 Freshman:
NCAA Football 14 Potential: 89
Player Comparison: AJ Klein (I bet you thought I was going to say Mike Rose
Significant Impact: RS SO. This position is loaded and unless guys start jumping to the pros (2-3 a year) we are going to have a crowded room for years to come. Likely Rose and Hummel will be gone after next season, probably Vance, too. However, we have Horne, Dae Dae, Vaughn, Pederson, others who can play, not to mention the 2021 class. This is going to be a CROWDED room. I think Imming will find a way to get in the rotation his third year. That's not a criticism of his talent, that is a compliment to the LB corp.
Attributes: [20/20] [Rover][Jack-of-all-trades]
Areas of Improvement:
He needs an off-season with Andrews to really take the next step. He is really slim right now and needs to bulk up. His goal to get to 210 by next season, but that is still light for a linebacker. He needs to get up to 235 to really be effective.
As for his game, it's pretty darn crisp. Not a lot of flash and I would like to see more wow plays, but he looks effective suring up the middle
Thoughts:
Great start to the class.GREAT START. HOK will tell you that they didn't want him. They are either lying or stupid (probably both).
Imming will be a great leader for this class. He was very well spoken when talking to Stanz on Cyclone Radio on Thursday. I was impressed by the way he answered the questions.
That is why I think a great comp for him is AJ Klein. First of all, Imming has the same athletic ability that Klein has. Imming is very quick and great going side to side. He also can play in cover; he's a modern ISU LBer. Also like Klein, Imming is a great leader. He will probably be the MLB due to the way he conducts the defense. He is also working the phones with other recruits and I wouldn't be surprised if we start to see dominoes falling for recruits that have a strong interest in ISU.

Here is the most important part. Imming is a great recruit and will likely be a great player for Iowa State; however, his commitment means more than just a good player picking a school. 5 years ago, Imming would have picked HOK and not even thought twice about it. He might have even committed on the spot. Why would he not? They were the proven NFL factory in the state and ISU was a dumpster fire. Times have changed. ISU is now a very attractive option for recruits. These recruits were just entering middle school when ISU started to turn the corner. Their memories of watching sports with their friends involved watching Iowa State win big games and have a number next to their name on the scoreboard. They don't really remember a crappy ISU team.

As long as ISU keeps winning like this, we will continue to land recruits like Imming. I'm pumped.
Good assessment.

The one thing I was shocked of when watching Jacob Imming's highlight tape? If he was just a tad taller he would be one hell of a tight end. He runs beautiful routes, has really good speed, and just runs through people.

In his LB highlights I saw a lot of kids just getting thrown, which is what you want to see from a LB recruit.

Reactions: isutrevman

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Good assessment.

The one thing I was shocked of when watching Jacob Imming's highlight tape? If he was just a tad taller he would be one hell of a tight end. He runs beautiful routes, has really good speed, and just runs through people.

In his LB highlights I saw a lot of kids just getting thrown, which is what you want to see from a LB recruit.
I agree. But he is much better as a LB than a TE

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron