2022 Football Targets (Offer List in OP +4)

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver

RB Quaron Adams official visit, offer 9/28/20. Arizona and ISU leaders, Swain put in a 6 confidence CB, teammate of Eli Sanders.

The first two weekends of June are monster recruiting weekends for us. I predict we have a few commits out of that weekend. The recruits on those tend the feel the pressure that they need to commit when their colleagues commit. We are in on some QUALITY guys, which is where we need to be after a Fiesta Bowl W

GoldCy

Jul 11, 2016
Obviously this staff has a good eye for talent. I need to be educated why we have taken some commits that are less than eye popping early in the process.

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
Obviously this staff has a good eye for talent. I need to be educated why we have taken some commits that are less than eye popping early in the process.

Jacob Imming is a very good pick up.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
This will probably be our highest rated class by average player rating we have ever had would be my guess when it is done. Not sure we get any top 300 class boosts but as far as top 1000 guys, I expect to be our best.

• Agree
Reactions: demoncore1031

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Have we essentially waived the white flag on Xavier Nwankpa? We were the first or second to offer on him back in 2019. Just wondering if he is dead set on going blue-blood.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Have we essentially waived the white flag on Xavier Nwankpa? We were the first or second to offer on him back in 2019. Just wondering if he is dead set on going blue-blood.
Seems like he is. Only visits he has scheduled so far are for Notre Dame and OSU.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I don’t think this staff ever waves the white flag—even “technically”.

I’ll wait to see what happens when it’s all said and done.

BACyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2011
Reinbeck, IA
Yes, I guess I was transposing my thoughts from last year.

My personal, general outlook is that I hope everyone that commits is a minimum of 3-star in the range of 0.8500 rating on 247.

I know stars and ratings are the least-common-denominator judge of talent -- but for comparison sake it's about all we get to have. And I go with the .8500 mark as that's roughly where the average has been for the last few classes. Thus if all the commits never dip below this, hopefully this means the general quality of the class (and thus the average) creeps higher. If we can push our class average up into the range of ~0.8600 average, we would usually be in the top 4-5 in conference.

At the same time, this coaching staff has proven themselves to be unequaled in an eye for HS talent that can be developed far above their 247 rating for playing college football. So in the grand scheme of things, it's a recruiting parlor game. Above all I trust the coaches to bring in the right kids, and I'm excited to see what they make of all their recruits...ratings or not.

Clonedogg

Sep 4, 2009
CR, IA
biblehub.com
My personal, general outlook is that I hope everyone that commits is a minimum of 3-star in the range of 0.8500 rating on 247.

I know stars and ratings are the least-common-denominator judge of talent -- but for comparison sake it's about all we get to have. And I go with the .8500 mark as that's roughly where the average has been for the last few classes. Thus if all the commits never dip below this, hopefully this means the general quality of the class (and thus the average) creeps higher. If we can push our class average up into the range of ~0.8600 average, we would usually be in the top 4-5 in conference.

At the same time, this coaching staff has proven themselves to be unequaled in an eye for HS talent that can be developed far above their 247 rating for playing college football. So in the grand scheme of things, it's a recruiting parlor game. Above all I trust the coaches to bring in the right kids, and I'm excited to see what they make of all their recruits...ratings or not.

Rocco Becht .8406, sorry, hopes crushed on second commit.

Last edited: