2022 Football Targets (Offer List in OP +4)

HardcoreClone

Jul 28, 2006
New offer at RB.

@NATEizKING

I saw that on Twitter. Any reason why? We already have Townsend and Adams, although maybe Adams is a pure WR. Is this just a depth thing, considering we'll lose Breece and only return Jirehl, Sanders, and Silas?

nrg4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
I saw that on Twitter. Any reason why? We already have Townsend and Adams, although maybe Adams is a pure WR. Is this just a depth thing, considering we'll lose Breece and only return Jirehl, Sanders, and Silas?

All good questions. From the Junior tape, the guy can play for sure. How/why he's not heavily recruited I have no idea. RB position players seem to get a fair amount of play on special teams (kick coverage), but usually not a scholly for that. My hope is that it's not a pending decommitment/transfer situation.

Reactions: HardcoreClone

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Given recent guys like Miyan Williams and Kaleb Johnson, I’m assuming they just like having a more physical option in the backfield.

Adams is definitely recruited for WR.

Reactions: HardcoreClone

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
Are we certain he was recruited as an RB? Sometimes they are moved to LB, but I thought our class there was likely full making it more likely this is a true RB offer.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Are we certain he was recruited as an RB? Sometimes they are moved to LB, but I thought our class there was likely full making it more likely this is a true RB offer.
Already have 3 LBs in the class a power back to replace Brock in a couple years seems like a bigger need.

Reactions: CyberJJJ

HardcoreClone

Jul 28, 2006
All good questions. From the Junior tape, the guy can play for sure. How/why he's not heavily recruited I have no idea. RB position players seem to get a fair amount of play on special teams (kick coverage), but usually not a scholly for that. My hope is that it's not a pending decommitment/transfer situation.

I just watched his highlights. Do they have any OL to recruit? No doubt this kid is big and fast, but man he had some huge holes to run through.

glenn_thegreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2020
Didn’t even think about that situation, really hope it’s a diamond in the tough situation.