2023 Football Targets (Offer List in OP +3)

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Just a thought. I just saw that Lincoln Riley got his third five star QB commit in five classes (Rattler, Caleb Williams for ‘21 and now Malachi Nelson for ‘23). It also looks like he’s going to be raking in more talent for that class at an even higher rate than his first few.

So…as much as I love how the ‘22 class is coming together, maybe the ‘23 Cyclone class can ratchet it up another notch or two? After all, unlike Mister Mensa at Five Star Talent Texas, Riley actually knows what he’s doing.

A big year out of Matt Campbell’s team this fall, and a solid handful of NFL draft picks next April will go a long way towards a huge ‘23 Cyning class, methinks.

Last edited:

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
No premium info, but I gather QB target Brayden Dorman will be in town, presumably for an unofficial visit. If I recall correctly, his dad (maybe both parents are) is an alum.

We’re in on three very good ‘23 QB’s at the moment.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
No premium info, but I gather QB target Brayden Dorman will be in town, presumably for an unofficial visit. If I recall correctly, his dad (maybe both parents are) is an alum.

We’re in on three very good ‘23 QB’s at the moment.

the three? Dorman, Kohl, and.....?

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
So for those that have seen him, besides his obvious 'size', how good is Kohl? Would he be the priority of the three?
FWIW, IMO it’s a three way tie for “priority”. Each is slightly different, and we have pretty good ties to all three.

Dorman might be the most polished passer, Johnson is almost an Eli King freak athlete with a cannon arm, and Kohl has (by far) the least exposure, but despite his size he might be more mobile than Dorman.

It’s way early. Next summer, if JJ hits the camp circuit with the other two, it might be easier to get a read on relative skills.

But CMC sure seemed to be pleased with him at ISU’s camp last month.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
FWIW, IMO it’s a three way tie for “priority”. Each is slightly different, and we have pretty good ties to all three.

Dorman might be the most polished passer, Johnson is almost an Eli King freak athlete with a cannon arm, and Kohl has (by far) the least exposure, but despite his size he might be more mobile than Dorman.

It’s way early. Next summer, if JJ hits the camp circuit with the other two, it might be easier to get a read on relative skills.

But CMC sure seemed to be pleased with him at ISU’s camp last month.
All 3 kids will probably be 4 stars by next summer.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Don't know if anyone noticed this but thought it was interesting that ISU is hosting a recruiting weekend mainly for '23 kids this weekend and Iowa is as well. But ISU is hosting 2-3 QBs depending on what Patton is considered because I know they like him as an athlete but the others are Johnson and Dorman but Kohl is attending Iowa's recruiting event. Does ISU have Kohl lower on their list right now? Is it because he is mainly a pocket passer?

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Don't know if anyone noticed this but thought it was interesting that ISU is hosting a recruiting weekend mainly for '23 kids this weekend and Iowa is as well. But ISU is hosting 2-3 QBs depending on what Patton is considered because I know they like him as an athlete but the others are Johnson and Dorman but Kohl is attending Iowa's recruiting event. Does ISU have Kohl lower on their list right now? Is it because he is mainly a pocket passer?
Kohl is just as much—or maybe even less—of a “pocket passer” as Dorman. I’m not sure they have him any lower on their list, I just think he’s that much more familiar with the ISU program, and wanted a look at Iowa.

ISU is specifically recruiting Patton as a safety, not an “athlete”, however recruiting websites choose to phrase it.

HopalongAtc

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 22, 2015
Someone made a comment elsewhere that Kohl may actually be doing both events. ISU’s is at noon & I think someone said the other one is a come & go event later in the day. Long day for him trying to do both if true.

• Informative
Reactions: Aclone