2024-25 Roster/Rotation Additions

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Heck of a "slap fight" last week.

Is the transfer portal churning slowly this year in comparison to last? My recollection is that both Natabou and Belanger were committed to ISU by 4/20/23, addressing our primary needs for the following season relatively early. We need a couple more players and there are desirable PF's and Posts to be had - CBF should be able to sell "you're the missing piece to our pre-season Top Ten squad" - let's go!!!

What's with the Oregon State Eight? None of them have committed yet. I'd love to see them return to the Beavers and make history in the West Coast Conference. Maggie Vick, meet Reagan Beers...

Would seem we have plenty of time to land a backup post. We got Jordão in mid-May. I'd love someone like a Morgan Kane and guessing someone of her level might be our ceiling. Realistically though, not every team gets everything they want out of the portal.

• Agree
Reactions: StClone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
From the general WBB forum of the UConn Boneyards, snapshot of a list a poster put together of top bigs left in the portal. . Nice reference although many are not posts or bigs that will be interested in a backup role (probably?). Natabou is on the list.

1714407312466.png

Westside clone

Apr 5, 2022
I get that Hare and Harris have some actual credentials to base that on but Williams is a 100% unknown. She's was an unheralded recruit out of Texas HS that hasn't played any meaningful minutes in college. We know nothing about her other than she's left handed, 6'-2" and not skinny.
We includes who? I say again, our coaches have seen her in practice for a year. Scrimmages, drills, one on one situations. First hand knowledge is helping the staff know exactly what holes she can or cannot fill.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
We includes who? I say again, our coaches have seen her in practice for a year. Scrimmages, drills, one on one situations. First hand knowledge is helping the staff know exactly what holes she can or cannot fill.
We the fans don't know. And we can't trust the coaches, because I'm sure they'd talk her up if asked. You don't know how good anybody will be until they are actually out there on the court when it counts, and her time at LSU doesn't really count since she only played 58 minutes all season. As far as the fans are concerned, she's as much of an unknown quantity as the freshmen.

Westside clone

Apr 5, 2022
We the fans don't know. And we can't trust the coaches, because I'm sure they'd talk her up if asked. You don't know how good anybody will be until they are actually out there on the court when it counts, and her time at LSU doesn't really count since she only played 58 minutes all season. As far as the fans are concerned, she's as much of an unknown quantity as the freshmen.
I am not going to argue with you because I wouldn't spend as much time on here as I do if I wasn't really interested in the teams future. I also agree that Williams previous minutes just don't really count for anything.
We do know she stuck it out through a year of not playing to
get to this point so she probably is convinced she is going to get at least a shot. Hate to wait but I guess we have to.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Agree discounting her due to lack of minutes as a freshman on the NC team seems pretty harsh.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Posted on the 2024 recruiting thread as well.

Hansford is a g/f and at 6'2" offensively minded. I want information on her defensive ability. She was part of a great recruiting class of '22 for Oregon State as high as #3. We did not recruit her out of High School. Lily was not nationally ranked but a proven player since at OSU subject to infrequent bouts of low productivity.

Last edited:
Reactions: Westside clone

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Hansford is a g/f and at 6'2" and offensively minded. I want information on her defensive ability. She was part of a great recruiting class of '22 for Oregon State as high as #3. We did not recruit her out of High School and she was not nationally ranked but a proven player since at OSU subject to infrequent bouts of low productivity.
If we can't land a true post. It's good to have multiple players that can step in. Still think we end up with another post but nice to see us working on some depth.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Elle Evans is as attractive as any transfer when she came up on the list over the weekend. She seems Taylor-made for our team. With the loss of Diew and Bristow, we have a vacuum that could pull in the Midwest native (Illinois) and practically have a shot at starting for a top-25 team.
Elle Evans is going to Kansas.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Posted on the 2024 recruiting thread as well.

45% from 3 last season. I'm fine with adding more 3 point shooting like we have so far, we didn't have a consistent outside game last year when Audi and Addy would get mugged in the paint and couldn't get the inside game going. Still hope we land at least 1 post player to play at least 10 minutes behind Audi. The transfers we have got or are looking at seem to have some height so may not matter if we don't have a true 4 really and Addy has enough size to play the 4 IMO. She plays a lot like Niang did at ISU, can bring the ball up the floor and also play inside and outside.