3 predictions

superfan

Oct 8, 2006
League City, TX

arganbright2

Aug 6, 2006
I honestly think that ISU is going to run the ball alot more often than people think. I know everybody talks about Herman's happy offense at Rice, but they didn't really have a quality running back last year, hence they threw it alot. Plus the fact that they had a freak athlete TE and an awesome senior QB-WR combo didn't hurt either...

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I honestly think that ISU is going to run the ball alot more often than people think. I know everybody talks about Herman's happy offense at Rice, but they didn't really have a quality running back last year, hence they threw it alot. Plus the fact that they had a freak athlete TE and an awesome senior QB-WR combo didn't hurt either...

I just really want to see a screen pass that is successful. I can't remember the last time that ISU threw a good screen pass.

Reactions: 3GenClone

hursts

Apr 10, 2006
I think you'll see ARob getting 2/3 of the carries this season. I think he is poised to have a monster year. Bo will be a great change of pace. I think you'll see Schwartz in goal line situations where we need a tough yard to get into the end zone.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
This looks like a typical article written by someone that doesn't know a thing about ISU football right now.

ARob is clearly the best RB... and unless Bo does something we haven't seen yet.... it will stay that way. This ESPN writer only sees that Bo Williams was a Florida recruit and he assumes he must be awesome, but he hasn't seen Bo try to pick up a blitzing LB yet.

I hope Bo and Schwartz both push ARob for playing time, that would be great... I just don't see it right now.

And as for this "great RB depth" we supposedly have, I'll take a wait and see attitude on this one. For years and years we've believed we've had great RB depth and it hardly ever has panned out that way. I sure hope we do, but ARob is the ONLY guy we have back with any Big 12 experience.... period! I don't see how that equals great depth just yet?

I am excited that we have the potential to have a great stable in RBs in ARob, Bo, Schwartz, Blankenship, and James White though. But we'll have to see how they look on the big stage under the lights in the Big 12 first.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I just really want to see a screen pass that is successful. I can't remember the last time that ISU threw a good screen pass.

I think our offense could be something like the Saints. ARob sets up like Pierre Thomas who can run and catch in the backfield and Williams could be used like Reggie Bush who can break away for the big play. Of course this is assuming our line can create lanes.

egami

May 19, 2009
iowa

Yeah, honestly, the ideal QB sticks out most to me...and their OL was pretty good on pass blocking.