Anyone got away trip plans for the Big12 newcomers?

BearcatsUc

Sep 9, 2021
Cincinnati
If anyone is thinking about Ohio skip Cincitucky and head to Athens instead. Real Appalachia.
By government definition, Appalachia begins in Cincinnati’s eastern suburbs - specifically, Clermont County. Growing up, my backyard ended at that county line, and we viewed the folks who lived just up the road as rednecks. I could climb over the fence into Appalachia.

I own property three counties over in the Appalachian foothills of Southern Ohio Amish country. Very pretty, but very poor. Might as well be Kentucky.

But, yeah, Athens is in the middle of it.

Last edited:

BearcatsUc

Sep 9, 2021
Cincinnati
Looks like there is some sort of tall building behind one side of the stadium. Will we be subjected to phony virtue signaling by their fans as they wave to the occupants after the first quarter?
No. But do feel a sense of guilt for finding that Iowa tradition annoying, when it really shouldn’t bother me.

Last edited:

tomar1

Aug 16, 2008
Not planning for new opponents but I think me and my 2 sons are considering going to Oklahoma for the last time we play there!

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Not planning for new opponents but I think me and my 2 sons are considering going to Oklahoma for the last time we play there!
Same. I've never been so I'm taking my son and his buddy. Hopefully the Chiefs play at home on 10/1.

CY88

Jan 3, 2013
Planning on going to Cinncy and spending a few days in KY on the bourbon trail.

Reactions: NWICY