Vaccine reactions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Ok so last night after I worked out I totally crashed and took a great nap. Not sure if old age or the vaccine was responsible.

today I felt normal other than the normal sore shoulder where I got the shot. I had arm day today in my gym and did it fine. Went a little easier because my should hurt a little. So the first shot was no big deal at all.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Make sure to drink lots of water the day of your second shot and take some Tylenol after your shot (not before).

Again, just think of how you treat your kid when they get vaccines. The doctor always tells you that they might feel a little bad for a day or so. And you give them medicine if they get a fever and they are usually kind of crabby.

This isn't some new and unusual thing.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
One of the guys that I work with had his second dose of Moderna on Monday. Tuesday night around midnight he had the teeth-chattering chills, body aches, fever, and diarrheas all night long with it ending around noon yesterday. I feel bad for the guy, but he's got a good attitude about it and said "I'd take that any day over Covid".

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
  • Informative
Reactions: isutrevman

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
I thought this article generated from an Oxford study was interesting, in that, all of the current vaccines share the same risk:

Oxford and AZ are partners on one of the vaccines. I think all the vaccine producers are looking closely at the data and trying to understand it.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
One of the guys that I work with had his second dose of Moderna on Monday. Tuesday night around midnight he had the teeth-chattering chills, body aches, fever, and diarrheas all night long with it ending around noon yesterday. I feel bad for the guy, but he's got a good attitude about it and said "I'd take that any day over Covid".
Don't know what the usual response to the vaccine really is. Eight of my family members (mostly in healthcare) have had both Modera shots with little side effects other than site soreness. Two others have had both shots of Pfizer with only slightly more discomfort for one of them.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I thought this article generated from an Oxford study was interesting, in that, all of the current vaccines share the same risk:

We've completely lost our ability to assess risk as a society. 7 adverse reactions in 6.9 million doses is MUCH less than the impact of not vaccinating that many people. Especially if everyone that has shown reactions are women, just start giving it to men only and flip the appointments to the others for women.

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
We've completely lost our ability to assess risk as a society. 7 adverse reactions in 6.9 million doses is MUCH less than the impact of not vaccinating that many people. Especially if everyone that has shown reactions are women, just start giving it to men only and flip the appointments to the others for women.
I read an article on the USA today about the J&J vaccine is that the blood clot issue they are looking into can be difficult to diagnose so it is likely more people had the issue than the numbers show. I do appreciate the CDC doing their due diligence but I agree that the risk is minimal. I would still get the J&J vaccine if that is what I was offered.

Reactions: aauummm

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
I believe even dose 1 of Moderna/Pfizer has some of that protection which is why the % of vaccinated nationwide always includes fully vaccinated and 1 dose.

Pfizer and Moderna have been shown to be 80% effective 2 weeks after the first shot. Which is where I'm at today (almost to the minute, as I post this).

One week out from Shot 2. Hopefully I have a similar reaction as my wife did (just really tired).

Reactions: aauummm and HFCS

kevdiv48

Apr 21, 2011
Houston
Got dose 2 of moderna at 3pm yesterday, Felt fine in the evening and slept well minus a few turns onto the sore shoulder. Woke up and got ready for work and after about 20 minutes of moving around could tell I had a fever and had body aches. Took ibuprofen and went back to sleep for 2 more hours. Have felt better but still achey.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Co-worker got shot #2 of Pfizer tuesday. No chills or anything like that, but he said he was wound up like too much caffeine or being on a steroid. Couldn't sleep at all that night. Said he slept like a baby last night LOL. He did have decent arm pain both times.

I 'm signed up for Pfizer #1 on sunday.

• Informative

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Pfizer and Moderna have been shown to be 80% effective 2 weeks after the first shot. Which is where I'm at today (almost to the minute, as I post this).

One week out from Shot 2. Hopefully I have a similar reaction as my wife did (just really tired).

That combined with the 37% of adults having at least one dose is the most hopeful thing right now. Since nearly 10% of the total population had covid I would think we're in the ballpark of half of Americans having some sort of protection vs 0% 14 months ago.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

I agree, I guess I'm part of the problem for changing my J&J appointment but I was able to get in 3 days sooner with new Moderna appointment and my wife's Moderna appointment was 50 miles closer than her J&J was going to be (maybe 4 hour drive total). People in LA metro have been driving to Bakersfield because you didn't have to be under 50 there the past few weeks, today is actually the day under 50 is all clear here.

My hope is that they study it for a few weeks and get it back out there. It really doesn't seem to pose that big a risk compared to the other two vaccines without even getting into the obvious comparisons you are alluding to...namely actually having covid.

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Co-worker got shot #2 of Pfizer tuesday. No chills or anything like that, but he said he was wound up like too much caffeine or being on a steroid. Couldn't sleep at all that night. Said he slept like a baby last night LOL. He did have decent arm pain both times.

I did have a couple of days where I felt like I was a bit sensitive to caffeine and that was a couple of weeks after the 2nd Pfizer shot. We only drink 1/4 caffeinated coffee so it wasn't a caffeine overload. Not sure what it was but it wasn't anything serious, just noticed it and was curious about it at the time.

• Informative
Reactions: CascadeClone

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
I agree, I guess I'm part of the problem for changing my J&J appointment but I was able to get in 3 days sooner with new Moderna appointment and my wife's Moderna appointment was 50 miles closer than her J&J was going to be (maybe 4 hour drive total). People in LA metro have been driving to Bakersfield because you didn't have to be under 50 there the past few weeks, today is actually the day under 50 is all clear here.

My hope is that they study it for a few weeks and get it back out there. It really doesn't seem to pose that big a risk compared to the other two vaccines without even getting into the obvious comparisons you are alluding to...namely actually having covid.

Don't feel bad at all. There's no telling when local health authorities may put the kibosh on the J&J shot. Our local health department pulled the plug on it the same day the CDC announcement came out, and I know several people had J&J appointments scheduled through our neighborhood pharmacy.

• Agree

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Don't feel bad at all. There's no telling when local health authorities may put the kibosh on the J&J shot. Our local health department pulled the plug on it the same day the CDC announcement came out, and I know several people had J&J appointments scheduled through our neighborhood pharmacy.

Yeah I was supposed to be saturday and maybe they'd cancel on me...reminds me I need to actually cancel.

From just a 'scheduling' thing there's no guilt or feeling of hypocrisy, but in terms of actually ending J&J nationwide or worldwide it seems like that would lead to a lot of deaths and lengthen the life of the pandemic which increases variants.

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
The good news is that most of those places that were using J&J were able to substitute with Pfizer or Moderna within a couple days.

BettonCy

Dec 16, 2020

I just got my second Pfizer shot yesterday and that has been my exact experience. Arm has been a little sore after both shots and I feel a little fatigued today, but again I'm attributing that to minimal sleep last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron