[Added Jason Essex] 2022 Class Breakdown

Cycl0nepower

Apr 4, 2020
Ohio
LOL! You got that out of a reply I had about fifteen seconds to post? That wasn’t a “retort”, it was a “holyshitIneedtosaysomethingquick” reply.

I tell you that I included a link, and you ask me if a post I made that did not include a link is the one I was referring to. Which was a whole dozen or so posts up.

I don’t claim to know more that the “experts”. I do, however, recognize when assumptions about their reliability are flawed.

Since I have more time now, here is the relevant portion:

Then Allar apparently committed to Penn State about ten seconds later. Which shows just how good these guys are at knowing what a 17 year old kid is thinking.
These kids aren’t always truthful. A lot of times kids aren’t gonna say they are leaning towards a certain school or not and there is nothing wrong with that. It’s a big decision for these young men. Just the way it works.

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone and cyputz

OldCurmudgeon

Nov 25, 2017
LOL! You got that out of a reply I had about fifteen seconds to post? That wasn’t a “retort”, it was a “holyshitIneedtosaysomethingquick” reply.

I tell you that I included a link, and you ask me if a post I made that did not include a link is the one I was referring to. Which was a whole dozen or so posts up.

I don’t claim to know more that the “experts”. I do, however, recognize when assumptions about their reliability are flawed.

Then Allar apparently committed to Penn State about ten seconds later. Which shows just how good these guys are at knowing what a 17 year old kid is thinking.

Wiltfong talks about this very thing HERE. It's toward the end of the video. TLDW (Too Long Didn't Watch): Evidently, he changed his CB to Penn State when he caught wind that Allar cancelled his meeting with ND's coaching staff.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012

I was never referring to the post in which you linked an article. I was always talking about the post of you dismissing crystal balls and warm ratings, the reason I quoted the post that I did. I know they’re not infallible, but repeatedly dismissing those things like you do is implying you think you know more about what these 17 year old kids are going to do than the people who interview them and follow them for a living.

• Disagree
Reactions: Aclone

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
It seems like this year there is a clearer delineation between the rangier, linger strong side ends they’re recruiting (6’5” or over) and the rush ends.

That said, a serious question. For a rush end, Mario Eugenio, or Mason Thomas?

Eugenio is clearly a pass rushing beast. He’s a bit bigger than Thomas right now at (listed) 240 to 215, but Thomas looks even faster and more athletic.

(FYI, I use the Rivals profiles because the videos have sixty seconds ads less often)

Cycl0nepower

Apr 4, 2020
Ohio

We are going to have lots of competition for Eugenio. Would be one of our best gets of the Campbell era. He’s a sack machine.

Reactions: Statefan10

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
Just curious, who's the last Campbell comitt that tweeted their ESPN ranking?
Considering that (correct me if I'm wrong) ISU has never had a recruit in the top 100, we probably wouldn't be used to seeing it. That said, about every recruit I'm following on Twitter who made the top 300 has tweeted about it or added it to their bio. They're trying to sell themselves, no reason not to use this wonderful promotional material.

Reactions: cyclonehomer

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Considering that (correct me if I'm wrong) ISU has never had a recruit in the top 100, we probably wouldn't be used to seeing it. That said, about every recruit I'm following on Twitter who made the top 300 has tweeted about it or added it to their bio. They're trying to sell themselves, no reason not to use this wonderful promotional material.

Yeah. Allen was the highest ever to go to ISU on ESPN at 148.

Reactions: Aclone

Help Support Us

Become a patron