Beer Money Sign guy donating it all to UI Stead Family Hospital

• Thread starter Deleted member 8507
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 8507

Sorry, just found the earlier thread on the same story. Mods please merge with Gameday sign feel good story thread.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Busch has just pledged to match however much he get's from this. This Busch beer and Iowa State thing just keeps getting bigger. Good work by the kid and by the beer company.
They are interviewing Carson right now and he said he just got told from Venmo that they are also matching all the money he gets and he is up to $11,000. He is up to $33,000 and he is probably still going to get more. Way to go!

stevefrench

Aug 7, 2011
Bump. Venmo the kid $1, $5, or whatever you can. This isn’t a U of I vs ISU thing, this is a doing something great for kids that need every bit of help that they can get kind of thing.

Donation dollars to Stead Family Children’s hospital go towards direct care services, not paying off contractors or anything other than that.

To put into perspective what that hospital does for sick kids from all across our state, in 2018 they saw more children than can fit inside the stadium that the hospital overlooks.

If you are able and can look past the hawkeyeness of it, send the kid a couple bucks and know that whatever it is you’re sending is being double matched and that it does make a difference.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Good gesture but I'd of liked it better if he donated it to the ISU Vet School
Curt hates kids with cancer, in his own words.

I personally like the gesture, especially surrounding all the nonsense with the UofI band. I think it's a good show of unity and a reminder that we're all Iowans. Also, I would have kept a few hundred for "beer money" just because I'm selfish and that's what his sign was asking for.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I like that he is giving it to the Childrens hospital. Shows that we may have a huge rivalry but as Iowa State and Iowans. We know the real important things in life are not the rivalry.

I imagine plenty of Cyclone kids go through those doors too. Children's hospitals and the people who employed there do excellent and often difficult work.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron