"Big Dawg" Williams?

Nuts4Cy

Mar 21, 2006
He was a big time OL recruit a few years ago who was gaining popularity because he spoke very highly of Iowa State trying to recruit other FL for us that season. What is the status with him, is he injured? I was hoping he would be the next KO and start all 4 years.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I think he suffered an injury in his senior season, and spent his red shirt year rehabbing. I sure hope he can recover fully, as he could play a huge role for us in the future. I was kinda hoping to see him in the two deeps during the spring, but I don't think he was.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
meh, he's a redshirt freshman. I'm not going to get too upset if he doesn't crack the two deeps this year. I'd expect to see him on there next year, though.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
CPR commented on on his radio show about how Duaron's rehab after the surgery in high school wasn't the same as if he'd been here, so it was taking a little longer. He'll get there.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
The way I look at it he's a year behind some his redshirt year was rehab and not as much development. I don't expect him to contribute this year.

I do think he'll be good though.

CykoAGR

Dec 16, 2008
Waukee, IA
The way I look at it he's a year behind some his redshirt year was rehab and not as much development. I don't expect him to contribute this year.

I do think he'll be good though.

Interesting to see our OL in a few years with guys like DW and Campos under the coaching of coach K.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
I think he suffered an injury in his senior season, and spent his red shirt year rehabbing. I sure hope he can recover fully, as he could play a huge role for us in the future. I was kinda hoping to see him in the two deeps during the spring, but I don't think he was.

He was a guy who would have had more high major offers if it were not for the injury in high school. He did play in the spring game, but this fall he will be a RsFr beginning the first of his four years of eligibility so don't expect much from him yet. I think he has the chance to be a major contributor later in his career, though.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron