Butler steal of the draft?

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
At 4th round yes. I can’t believe it took him that long to get drafted. Only thing I can think that caused that was the random drops here and there. If he gets that controlled he’s going to have a good career.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
It seemed that there was a trend away from the big, tall, fast receivers. Hope Butler gets credited with turning that around.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
D63QeYnU8AAFfuH.jpg:large

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
At 4th round yes. I can’t believe it took him that long to get drafted. Only thing I can think that caused that was the random drops here and there. If he gets that controlled he’s going to have a good career.
People worry he won't get separation against bigger corners. I think they're wrong.

• Winner
Reactions: Doc and chadly82

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa

Kid did some amazing things at/for ISU but he also had a lot of costly drops in games. At least 2 right to him in the endzone last year, and it is hard to forget the drop he had against Iowa 2 years ago that would have ended the game. Hopefully he is beyond that now, but the pros had to look pretty hard at that. After all if you are a receiver, the first thing you have to do is catch the ball.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
It seemed that there was a trend away from the big, tall, fast receivers. Hope Butler gets credited with turning that around.

The Pats are typically ahead of the curve when it comes to identifying league trends. I thought it was interesting that they took 6'3 CB Joejuan Williams in the second round. Maybe Belichick thinks big, physical receivers are about to make a comeback.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
The Pats are typically ahead of the curve when it comes to identifying league trends. I thought it was interesting that they took 6'3 CB Joejuan Williams in the second round. Maybe Belichick thinks big, physical receivers are about to make a comeback.

Belichick is always always buying on whatever underrated asset there is at any given time. It is the only way he has kept that roster competitive for almost two decades.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Kid did some amazing things at/for ISU but he also had a lot of costly drops in games. At least 2 right to him in the endzone last year, and it is hard to forget the drop he had against Iowa 2 years ago that would have ended the game. Hopefully he is beyond that now, but the pros had to look pretty hard at that. After all if you are a receiver, the first thing you have to do is catch the ball.
As I recall he was over a yard short of the sticks and tightly covered on the top. He would have had to go through a guy with his back to the defender and starting from a dead stop to pick up at least an extra yard. It is totally erroneous that a catch there ends the game.

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
He'll just go over them.

He'll thrive as the big guy to take the top off the defense for Murray.

A QB with a cannon like that and Hakeem were meant for each other.
I was just going to say - his separation will be vertical.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The NFL is a copy cat league and since the Rams and Chiefs have had success with speedy receivers all of a sudden the bigger targets aren't as desirable, which is completely stupid.

By the time Butler gets his feet under him at that level it could very swing back to big and tall being a thing again.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Was order of running back was Montgomery taken? As in, was he the 4th RB? Didn't seem to be too many taken early and I can't find the info.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I hate to say it, but both ISU players were hurt because they played at Iowa State. ISU just does not get that extra bump that other teams, including Iowa get in the draft. It sucks, but its the truth. Until we start to get players drafted year after year, ISU players will be looked at with doubt.

Both players should have gone higher in the draft, and I think we as ISU fans are going to see a lot of players drafted from this point on.

ISU and Campbell are starting to gain a reputation, as a school that wins without the best players but players that play hard every down.

Go Cyclones.

CyFy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2014
Huxley
To me it all depends on if he gets a real. He is better than some of the big WR in the league but so many teams are going away from big WR. just depends if they give him a real look or have a quick hook.