"C-" from ESPN...

isuarch80

Sep 25, 2006
Dallas, TX
yeah, just came over here to post that... can't argue too much in comparison to the 5 and 4 star laden classes of the big boys. But I still like our boys... Come on football season!!! :)

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
If your grading on recruiting, why not grade from the prepective of filling needs or what is reasonably expected. We needed a foundation to build off of. Were we going to get all 4 & 5 star commits...NO. So how can they grade based on that.

I'd give us a B based on the talent we actually had a chance on landing. We would have scored higher if the decommits didnt decommit.

BD4CY

Sep 22, 2007
If your grading on recruiting, why not grade from the prepective of filling needs or what is reasonably expected. We needed a foundation to build off of. Were we going to get all 4 & 5 star commits...NO. So how can they grade based on that.

I'd give us a B based on the talent we actually had a chance on landing. We would have scored higher if the decommits didnt decommit.

I agree there should be a difference between a "grade" and a ranking. I wouldnt neccesarily rank our class high but I would grade it in the B range based on what we are trying to get done and the needs we filled.

BigDISU1

Apr 10, 2006
Oskaloosa, Iowa

My thoughts exactly, did anybody actually think we were going to compete with Texas and Oklahoma for the top recruiting classes in the big 12? Apparently ESPN did, and graded us as such.

This isnt the NFL draft, we just cant take the best player on the board with our picks. I think based on our situation, a "B" is a good grade.

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
Who would take an analysis by espn seriously anyway. For one, they are so East Coast and big eleven biased that I can only take any analysis with a grain of salt. Just show me the games and keep their opinions to themselves is what I say. "Opinions are like ********, everyones got one and everyone thinks everyone elses stinks".

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I love our guys because they wanted to be Cyclones. I can't wait to cheer for these guys on the field and that wouldn't change no matter the number of stars by their name.

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
IMO, this recruiting class is very underrated. We have several players that are "diamonds in the rough" so to speak.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
All football coaches "Recruit To Need"....I think that this recruiting class is a very good solid class and will be a good foundation to build upon!!

"Its always a great day to be a cyclone"....quoting John Quinn QB 1978-1981

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX

Usually relative grading scales like you propose draw quite a bit of ire...

ISU is in the Big 12. I have no problem being graded against our peers...

Steve

Apr 11, 2006

Rivals guru Jeremy Crabtree was interviewed on 1620 the Zone yesterday. He was very positive when asked about ISU's class. He said that SJ was a big time player and a huge get. He gave Chizik high marks for filling needs to build the program - specifically mentioned the DL and secondary positions.