Can the KState player use their lineman for elevation

cyclonefan1983

Feb 12, 2009
I saw the K-State player use one of his hands for a push on one of the linemen to block the field goal...

Should that be a penalty

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
No, you cannot do it, but I don't think I have ever seen it called. Especially not at the end of a game.

coachdags

Speechless
Bookie
Mar 30, 2006
N.Dakota
The rule is called "Leaping".....I did not see the play

But not only can you not use a teammate to elevate yourself, but you can also not land on top of a player when coming down.

I saw it called twice last year, once at a UNorth Dakota Game and once in the NFL.

swammi

May 10, 2009
Apollo Beach, Florida
I saw the K-State player use one of his hands for a push on one of the linemen to block the field goal...

Should that be a penalty

I ran that kick back and forth about 20 times and I did not see a foul. It appeared that #23 just got lucky and got a hand up high enough at just the right time. I feel like I used to feel when the chain slipped on my old Schwinn.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
I ran that kick back and forth about 20 times and I did not see a foul. It appeared that #23 just got lucky and got a hand up high enough at just the right time. I feel like I used to feel when the chain slipped on my old Schwinn.

I'm curious why teams don't back up a couple of extra yards on an extra point (i.e. 10-yd drop). That would seem take this sort of thing out of play, except for a bad kick. I suppose it messes up the timing and such, and makes the snap more difficult.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I'm curious why teams don't back up a couple of extra yards on an extra point (i.e. 10-yd drop). That would seem take this sort of thing out of play, except for a bad kick. I suppose it messes up the timing and such, and makes the snap more difficult.

On PAT's it may not be a bad idea.

KSUcat

Sep 27, 2009
After watching the replay, I don't think Lamur used his lineman for an extra boost. Lamur is a big guy at 6'4, and just jumped and stretched his long arms in my opinion.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
After watching the replay, I don't think Lamur used his lineman for an extra boost. Lamur is a big guy at 6'4, and just jumped and stretched his long arms in my opinion.

Well im sure you did think that way.... you dirty wildcat :wink:

Help Support Us

Become a patron