CFN Game Preview

mcblogerson

Jan 19, 2009
Ohio
If we don't dominate an average FCS school, I'll be changing my prediction from 4 wins to 1.
I can't image we don't hang at least 35 points on them.
The offense is experienced, talented and no longer have Jabba the Hut trying to call plays.
The question mark is can our defense stop an inferior one dimensional offense.

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
I would be MAD....not just "that's disappointing" but I CAN'T ******* BELIEVE THAT ****, WE'RE ****ED FOR THIS SEASON.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
My official prediction, which carries the most weight of anyone, anywhere.....

ISU 56 NDSU 32.

Take the over, folks.

d4nim4l

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
Worried about the Iowa game and slightly more worried about how well the offense will click the rest of the season.

However, I would not predict a 1 win season because of a 4 point win. Even Chizik's staff showed progression in the offense each year the last two years and just from hearing Herman and Rhoads we can expect the same. That alone would probably get a few more wins.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
2 things for me.

1. I think we would be screwed the rest of the season.

2. It would imo, increase the likelihood of beating Iowa the next week because it sets up the scenario that we beat them most often when we struggle early and they pound their first opponent. The only other positive would be the entertainment of listening to Soundoff after the game. Best.Radio.Ever!

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
The way I look at it, we've got two Coordinators that are improvements over last year, an offense that, when Austen was HEALTHY last year, and was the full time #1, he puts up gaudy numbers. He may throw a pick or two, but in his last two games last year, he went 67 for 99 with 766 yds and 5 TD. 860 total yards of offense once he got clicking in those last two games. His worst games were splitting time with Bates and when he had a bum shoulder against Baylor and didn't practice the week before the Nebraska game. The offense has a ****ton of weapons, including 4 guys that could see time at RB tonight, and a WR corps that probably features Money as its best weapon, followed by Marquis, Sed and Darks. Lenz will get catches, and Zitek and Williams will get play.

Defense will be bolstered by changing from a system that was a horrible fit and relied on schemes that needed better athletes than we have. We have capable players. Hopefully tonight we get to see what guys like AJ Klein can do.

CYISFLY

Jun 30, 2009
SW Ia
One thing I have learned over the past few seasons is humility. But i would have to say that tonights game should be a no-brainer with ISU getting a victory. By how much I'm not to sure. It should be at least a 20 pt win. If not could start to have an uneasy feeling for the rest of the season.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron