College Football Season Death Pool

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Deaths are going to continue increasing and hit new highs week after next. By the 24th or so, it's all going to be quite terrible and people/media will be in panic mode.

You never quite know when the presser will come, and each conference will be a bit different.

Gonna guess July 26 for the Big 12, they seem to like to do things on the weekends. No football at all in 2020. I think that's why they haven't done anything about non-con, they know the whole thing isn't happening this year, why break agreements and have potential liability (force majeure notwithstanding).

Personally, I don't see spring football happening either, I think it is logistically too difficult. Same with basketball, that ain't happening either.

Until there is a vaccine, or 200M people have caught it and have antibodies that last, there won't be sports or concerts.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Deaths are going to continue increasing and hit new highs week after next. By the 24th or so, it's all going to be quite terrible and people/media will be in panic mode.

You never quite know when the presser will come, and each conference will be a bit different.

Gonna guess July 26 for the Big 12, they seem to like to do things on the weekends. No football at all in 2020. I think that's why they haven't done anything about non-con, they know the whole thing isn't happening this year, why break agreements and have potential liability (force majeure notwithstanding).

Personally, I don't see spring football happening either, I think it is logistically too difficult. Same with basketball, that ain't happening either.

Until there is a vaccine, or 200M people have caught it and have antibodies that last, there won't be sports or concerts.
Sadly, I think this is pretty accurate. Things will just continue to get worse. No reason for short term hope. I predict 01Aug for the final word on cancellation.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
If they announced tomorrow that they were moving the college football season to the spring, would JP have to start installing field turf immediately?

There's no way they could play football on our grass field in March or even maybe April.

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
July 24th. Always give bad news on Friday.
Office-Space-Firing.jpg

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Juco just moved their season to spring i believe. Can't find a link but heard on radio.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I love how people say, “there’s so much time until the season starts!” AND THAT IS A PROBLEM NOT A MEANS TO A POSSIBLE SOLUTION THAT WOULD MAKE PLAYING A SEASON MORE LIKELY.

Last edited:

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I'll go Aug 2nd.

Side note - I came in here ready to read OP the riot act because I thought he was placing bets on which team would have the first player die after contracting Covid. I'm glad I was wrong!