[Commitment Watch] Marcus Mbow

JCloned

Mar 20, 2006
Interesting to read a high school coach (don't think it was even Gillette's coach) reply to Garrett's tweet. Basically said ASU better not expect to recruit from his high school in the future

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
Could this be COVID related and the fact everyone gets a "Do Over" year next year?

I can't imagine that most athletic programs can support an increase of 25% in scholarship cost especially after this ****** year where fan revenue is at or near zero.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Could this be COVID related and the fact everyone gets a "Do Over" year next year?

I can't imagine that most athletic programs can support an increase of 25% in scholarship cost especially after this ****** year where fan revenue is at or near zero.

Good question. But having those extra players could be a worthy investment in the long run.

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
Are teams also allowed to have an expanded roster next year? Could really limit recruiting spots if players are allowed to stay, but the overall totals aren't increased for one year. Personally I think it only should have been offered to players who elected to sit out. A free red shirt year, but not another entire year of actual play.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.

Considering that in Mbow’s case they have four OL yet committed and are still recruiting another HS kid, I don’t think that’s it. I doubt they were going to take six HS OL in the same class.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Considering that in Mbow’s case they have four OL yet committed and are still recruiting another HS kid, I don’t think that’s it. I doubt they were going to take six HS OL in the same class.

It is too bad Glass wasn’t the OL they pulled the scholly from. I do think our staff would have gotten back involved with him. Great athleticism.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
For these posts it would handy to have a link to like 247 or at least say which class they'd be in and what position they play.
You mean, when we’re talking about a Class of ‘21 OL recruit, and someone starts talking about a tight end?

Reactions: DBQR4CY

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
With 4L's latest post on Maro, it sounds like there is no Cyclone interest in Mbow.
The one where he said he wouldn’t be surprised if Maro committed by the end of November?

Not sure how you read all that into it. For one thing, he never said anything about Maro committing here, just that he’d likely commit.