Compare ISU & UT

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Containment and tackling against Baylor was atrocious.

This! Our secondary actually covered pretty well, took away the home run ball, and forced Brewer to make the underneath throws. This was how we defended him last year too.

mcblogerson

Jan 19, 2009
Ohio
I have a hunch we’ll dominate them in number of penalties and yards. It will be our most productive day for penalties on the season.

Trainwreck20

Nov 12, 2018
[not trolling]

Question - surely there is some sort of check-down during blitzes to dump the ball off, yet I rarely saw the quick screen/TE pass, etc. that I was expecting. Where those plays covered somehow? Is Brock still on the learning curve on reading/finding those outlets? It seems there should have been a few more options than the sacks/throw-aways and althought I would love to think it was UTs defense, historically it has not managed to blitz AND cover the short stuff, at least not consistently.

Conversely, ISU dropping almost the entire team into coverage was not working well because of the check-down dumps. I understand the bend-don't break thought process, but shortly before the game I was reading how ISU dialed up the blitzes against WVU - for the season, ISU is something like 14% blitzes, but against WVU did 40%? Being at the game, it is hard to keep track of blitzing, but it did not seem like ISU increased their blitzing percentage at all. I see comments on injuries, was it really that thin where the coach felt uncomfortable doing that?

Was at the game, met some nice ISU folk who came down to watch. Told them that we typically let the other team back in the game after we get up 21. Sure enough, long punt return and score, followed by a fumble (and almost return for a TD), and it was starting to seem like that might be the case....

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron