*** Cyclone Fanatic Cereal Tournament: Round of 32 ***

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
This will probably invalidate any of my votes, but now I'm curious.... how often do y'all eat cereal? Admittedly, I haven't had a bowl in years so I'm surprised there are so many strong opinions.
It can go in cycles, but for the past few years I've averaged 2 or 3 sessions per week. Almost exclusively an evening cereal consumer.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
This will probably invalidate any of my votes, but now I'm curious.... how often do y'all eat cereal? Admittedly, I haven't had a bowl in years so I'm surprised there are so many strong opinions.

Maybe once every few weeks at this point. The three kids eat a full breakfast almost every day of the week, so we don’t go through much cereal. I still have very strong opinions from my cereal eating days though.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
I have two teenagers, cereal is one thing they like and my wife never buys the same thing twice in a row (she does this with everything…different shampoo and other toiletries, for example), so there is always some different cereal in the house.

I indulge.

This drives me ******* nuts. Nothing in our house is the same from week to week. I do zero shopping, so I have zero control over it.

My wife thinks I buy mostly ********, which I guess is mostly true. When I go grocery shopping I’m back to being 20 and stoned. The kids are probably better off with her at the shopping helm.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
`14 of top 16 make sweet sixteen with 1 of the 2 outliers being a 5 seed. I'm a bit shocked. Only cinderella is Frosted Mini-Wheats which probably was way too low as a 8.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I'm a little bummed that at least one of Golden Crisp/Honey Smacks didn't advance to "second weekend," but The People have spoken.

Only a couple among my personal favorites bit the dust in Round-of- 64, and there isn't a single Sweet 16 entrant that I loathe (a couple are "meh.").

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
1 bowl (minimum) every morning. Sometimes a 2nd bowl in morning, sometimes a 2nd bowl later in day.

Reactions: Cyhig

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Why is this even a contest? Fruity Pebbles are one of the GOATs.
I loved Fruity Pebbles until one of the Chicago Museums had a display of cereal and called Fruity Pebbles a “Breakfast Desert”.

Help Support Us

Become a patron