Did ok & tex violate big12 bylaws

Postel16

Oct 15, 2020

CYTUTT

Nov 25, 2012
I have a feeling this won’t come to pass in any meaningful manner. Contracts mean nothing. I do hope this is true.

Reactions: cyclones12321

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I have a feeling this won’t come to pass in any meaningful manner. Contracts mean nothing. I do hope this is true.

If contracts mean nothing, I dare you not to pay your credit card bill for about 6 months. Every time you swipe your card and sign a receipt you're signing a contract to pay the money you owe.

Contracts aren't nothing. The question is how much are parties willing to pay lawyers to dispute/defend the terms.

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
Find the biggest, strongest, fastest, fast twitch law firm out there. Recruit them, sign them and play to win! :cool: Sorry for having fun in this BS moment.

Reactions: Postel16

CYTUTT

Nov 25, 2012
If contracts mean nothing, I dare you not to pay your credit card bill for about 6 months. Every time you swipe your card and sign a receipt you're signing a contract to pay the money you owe.

Contracts aren't nothing. The question is how much are parties willing to pay lawyers to dispute/defend the terms.
I meant to say at the level. I agree with your statement, otherwise. But even the credit card company won’t come after all of it. They will take a portion and write it off.

Reactions: Rex O Herlihan

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
Kind of dig they put teeth to this knowing Texas would try to do something, its very clear they did damage to the rest of the schools in the conference now and into the future, I hope OU and UT get attacked heavily money wise.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I meant to say at the level. I agree with your statement, otherwise. But even the credit card company won’t come after all of it. They will take a portion and write it off.

It comes down to "how much to you want to spend in lawyer and court fees to enforce compensation?", because the harder you fight, the more it will cost, and if it costs enough to fight it, is it really worth it.

Reactions: CYTUTT

Postel16

Oct 15, 2020
It comes down to "how much to you want to spend in lawyer and court fees to enforce compensation?", because the harder you fight, the more it will cost, and if it costs enough to fight it, is it really worth it.
Yep, personally I'm pissed, as I'm sure most fans of the "other 8" schools are. So anything we can do to punish/make life h*ll for either of those programs seems completely worth the headache. They can both go screw themselves but hopefully after we prove in court how they've done irreparable damage to the remaining schools.

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
I am guessing a GoFundMe legal account might attract a few bucks from 8 fan bases. Seriously, I hope high level counsel has been retained for this fight. It’s time to go after these two ******** institutions and the $EC.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
So they claim to be worth half the contract ($200 mil) and conspired to kill 4 years worth of the contract. Rough math would state that they owe a floor of $800 mil.

That doesn’t even include damages to reputation, relations with other parties, etc…

I think they are going to be getting sued for over a billion. I also am not a lawyer.

NodawayRiverClone

May 1, 2018
Some of the remaining 8 may need to watch what kind of conversations they have with other conferences, too, or they may violate the same contract/bylaw provision. I'm all for getting as mush as possible from Tx and OU.

Reactions: RezClone

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
“[A]ctions, in breach of the Withdrawing Member’s agreements in these Bylaws, cause additional damage to the Conference and therefore that the Buyout Amount shall be increased by, and shall also include, and the Withdrawing Member shall be obligated to pay to the Conference immediately upon the occurrence of any of the foregoing events, the amount of all actual loss, damage, costs, or expenses whatsoever (including but not limited to lost revenues, damage to reputation and public image, and damage to relationships with related parties) incurred by the Conference or any of its remaining Members directly or indirectly related to that challenge or opposition, whether economic or otherwise.”

I think they're ******.

• Optimistic
Reactions: drmwevr08

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
Some of the remaining 8 may need to watch what kind of conversations they have with other conferences, too, or they may violate the same contract/bylaw provision. I'm all for getting as mush as possible from Tx and OU.
I would guess this is one of the reasons the KU/Big 10 call was very publicly reported to have not happened. Also hopefully the same reason that any ISU/Big 10 chatter has been squashed.

Reactions: Rods79

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
So they claim to be worth half the contract ($200 mil) and conspired to kill 4 years worth of the contract. Rough math would state that they owe a floor of $800 mil.

That doesn’t even include damages to reputation, relations with other parties, etc…

I think they are going to be getting sued for over a billion. I also am not a lawyer.

Um that is stupid. They will settle for what they owe and move on. Get real

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006

When you consider damage to the conference, I don't think the other 8 leaving would have the same effect as the first two. The TV money is already going to drop from UT/OU, so ISU/KU leaving would be based on losses from that new level.

CYKXBUT2

Oct 8, 2020
The greediest are also some of the dumbest. Maybe this info can be used to influence ESPN to use their clout (money) to influence other conferences to take (most) remaining members of the B12.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Don’t get too excited folks. At best, Texas and Oklahoma finish out the Grant of Rights contract. At worst, they pay a pretty big settlement that will be a nice windfall but won’t amount to anything in the long run if we don’t find ourselves in a Power 4 conference.