East side of football stadium construction

hursts

Apr 10, 2006
I have heard zero this summer about the progress of construction of the east side of the stadium. Does anyone know if it is completed? With the great weather we've had I would assume it would be done by now.

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
I believe its almost complete if not fully complete. They are working on the new enterances now and from what I thought I saw, they redid a bunch of the rails around the stairs. They looked shiny and new when I was there the other day.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jack & Hilton

Nov 30, 2007
After providing us great updates last year, they've really done a poor job with keeping us updated on the projects this summer. The East side and the basketball facility. Sure updates sometime aren't exciting, but at least they're SOMETHING!! Especially for out of town folk. Which are most.

Cyclone711

Oct 27, 2007
Minnesota
I know they are replacing all the fencing around the stadium but are they redoing the south and west entrances as well?

Haverhill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
The East and North Entrances are being built. The East Entrance looks cool but I hate the new North Entrances. There are giant concrete walls blocking any view of the playing field from the gate. The north entrances look like crap IMO.

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
The East and North Entrances are being built. The East Entrance looks cool but I hate the new North Entrances. There are giant concrete walls blocking any view of the playing field from the gate. The north entrances look like crap IMO.

I don't mind the walls... they give the stadium more of a closed in feeling. It will be a great site to walk around the wall and see that field! No more partial glimpses :biggrin:.

The east concession stands/bathrooms look to be done and the east gates look great.

The basketball practice facility looks to be done from the outside, haven't had a chance to get in yet. I'll let you know more when that happens.

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA

The Concrete walls will be the new "Cyclone Wall of Fame" it will replace the Trees in honor of Hall of Famers around the Stadium, should look great when completed, so it will not just be an empty concrete wall.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
The north entrances look like crap IMO.

I LOVE the north entrance. It's going to close in the field some and give it more of a college football feel to it instead of seeing the parking lot. Also spruces up the north end after that hideous white gate that was there. It'll look really cool once they get the Hall of Fame thingy done.

bigcyfan82

Aug 30, 2008
Des Moines
I LOVE the north entrance. It's going to close in the field some and give it more of a college football feel to it instead of seeing the parking lot. Also spruces up the north end after that hideous white gate that was there. It'll look really cool once they get the Hall of Fame thingy done.

Ya, I agree. Once it's finished I think it will look great.
I'm about to go for a run, and I think i'll go towards jack trice and walk around a little bit!!

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I could walk over and get some but I'm too lazy. Someone had a thread a couple weeks back that had pictures. Not a whole lot has changed since they're pretty much doing finishing touches currently.