End Zone Seating

mplscyclone

Jul 8, 2008
Ames, IA
I am unable to get season tickets and am seeing some inexpensive options for some games in the end zone seating. I've never sat there before, but I was curious what everyone's thoughts were with sitting there.

Are there obstructed views from the goalposts? Is it a fun place to sit at all? Should I buy end zone seats and try to sneak into the student section instead?

Any advice or thoughts are much appreciated! Thanks!

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Goalposts are narrow so they will not get in the way. But those seats SUCK, so try to move somewhere else.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I think a lot of people buy them up and try to resell them, judging from what is on Stub Hub.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
I moved back halfway through last season, and since I didn't have season tickets yet, I bought hillside tickets for most games. Midway through the first quarter I "snuck" into the upper deck, where there were plenty of open seats. As long as you walk through the doorway and up the steps like you know where you're going, the ushers won't stop you to check your ticket, and you can always get a good view of the field from any section up there.

83Clone

Apr 27, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I am unable to get season tickets and am seeing some inexpensive options for some games in the end zone seating. I've never sat there before, but I was curious what everyone's thoughts were with sitting there.

Are there obstructed views from the goalposts? Is it a fun place to sit at all? Should I buy end zone seats and try to sneak into the student section instead?

Any advice or thoughts are much appreciated! Thanks!

If you have to sit in the end zone, sit high or you won't see anything

CyIke

Nov 11, 2007
I actually like the endzone seats. You get to see the blocking develop, blitzs, etc. The major issue is that many times what looks like a good run turns into be a "no gain" or loss of yardage. In many games, if the wind is in your face, those are the best seats.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
If you have to sit in the end zone, sit high or you won't see anything

Agreed. I've sat end zone at both Jack Trice and at the place in Iowa City, and if you want to see 3/4 of the field, sit higher, otherwise your view of the action will be limited.

mplscyclone

Jul 8, 2008
Ames, IA
Alright.. So basically these seats are garbage.. I guess I had to figure if they are selling some for $5....Just trying to look for cheap ways to get in, but I also want to have a decent time... Thanks for your opinions! I will just hold out and see if I can find some better deals in the coming weeks...

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I like the endzone seats alot as well. It is cool to see the plays develop from behind the play. Plus there is alot more leg room so you aren't as cramped. The first row is elevated enough that you can see plenty, but about half way up are perfect.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
I have sat on the grass a couple of time in the corners, and it's surprisingly good seat there. I prefer the southwest corner. Bring a blanket and have fun with a group!

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I had season tickets I think 4 or 5 years ago in the 1st row almost dead center of the goalposts and I will NEVER think of getting those again. Here is why...

1. You have to turn around just to see the scoreboard and replays which sucks
2. It's good seats when there is action in the red zone in that end but other than that a 10 yard run and a 2 yard loss look the same once they get to mid field.

Its a good price but not worth the small ammount of time you get to see a great view of the red zone action. I'd rather sit last row clear in the corner than in the end zone.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Just sneak into the student section with some booze and they'll volunteer to make room for you.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Endzone can be good or bad.

As someone posted earlier you can really see plays develop. Also, if the action is on your end of the field you get a GREAT view of scoring plays.

On the other hand, the scoreboard used to be EXTREMELY loud. It can also be hard to see if you sit too low.

I would rather sit in the endzone vs WAY up in the upper deck.

cmoneyr

Nov 8, 2006
Ames, Born and Raised
Bring binoculars, anything past the 30 is going to be difficult to see. You'll get a lot more wind and cold in the later months since you're kind of just out in the open. And also further to the snacks/bathroom if that's your thing. But if it was an option of sitting in the endzone or not going, I'd take the endzone in a second.

cyson

Jun 24, 2007
I've had 'em for three years, best buy for your money. About half the time you have the best seat in the house.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
We sat there for the UNI game last year. Wasn't that bad of a spot, as mentioned - we got to see things develop differently.

Also saw ISU drive right down the field on their first drive, only to throw an interception in the south redzone and start the downhill slide...