Even the NY Times is talking about Tyrese Haliburton

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Okay, was perusing the NY Times and wasn't expecting a big spread on our guy Tyrese. Kinda nice to see a big picture of him in the Times.

Linky: Going From His Childhood Bedroom to the N.B.A. Draft

merlin_167538648_ec44750c-af27-41d9-9216-d6ef1d643944-superJumbo.jpg

“You’re missing out on summer league, the in-person physical draft, shaking the commissioner’s hand, once-in-a-lifetime opportunities,” said Haliburton, while also noting that he is privileged for basketball to be among his primary concerns right now. “The ultimate goal is to play in the N.B.A. We don’t know when, but we know eventually that we’re going to get there.”

Haliburton, though, is not lacking for confidence in terms of where he believes he should be picked.

“I feel like I should be the No. 1 pick, but I’m not the guy who makes those decisions,” Haliburton said. “We can revisit this in a couple of years and see if there was any regrets by anybody who picked anybody ahead of me.”

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
He’s a great kid and ambassador for ISU. It’s going to be really interesting to see how he develops in the league given his strengths and weaknesses. I could see him having a good, long career like Fred to being a constant bench guy. Where he goes will be incredibly important in my opinion to his long term potential.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
He’s a great kid and ambassador for ISU. It’s going to be really interesting to see how he develops in the league given his strengths and weaknesses. I could see him having a good, long career like Fred to being a constant bench guy. Where he goes will be incredibly important in my opinion to his long term potential.
I thought the same thing about Jeff Hornacek.

He hit the “right place” jackpot.

• Agree
Reactions: knowlesjam

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I thought the same thing about Jeff Hornacek.

He hit the “right place” jackpot.
But you still have to be good to finally find that place. Hornacek was making an impact in the league eight years in two different franchises before he found his sweet spot in Utah.