Five things (among many) to watch at Iowa State's spring game on Saturday

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
So did the 1s play 1s, 2s play the 2s, 3/3s? How CMC usually does it. Makes it hard to tell how the back ups are really doing.

We couldn't tell. At least I couldn't.
This was the most boring spring game we've ever been to (been to 8 or so). I wish they would put more info on the scoreboard, like down and distance, who is playing, etc.
They started 15 minutes before the announced time so half the people (including us) were still walking in when it began.
Does anyone know if there was anything announced publicly before the start, a speech by CMC, etc?

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
We couldn't tell. At least I couldn't.
This was the most boring spring game we've ever been to (been to 8 or so). I wish they would put more info on the scoreboard, like down and distance, who is playing, etc.
They started 15 minutes before the announced time so half the people (including us) were still walking in when it began.
Does anyone know if there was anything announced publicly before the start, a speech by CMC, etc?

I drove up from Ankeny. Since the weather was so of crappy, I scraped our tailgating plans and decided to get there a little before 11:00 just to watch the game. Wasn't real happy when I heard the game going on as I was walking into the stadium.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Defense by a lot.
I'm not sure how the scoring system worked (I didn't understand it at all), but the final was something like 30-1 in favor of Defense. The offense got up to a max of 9 or so points, then apparently if you do bad you can lose points.

I walked by a couple old guys who said "I sure hope none of those guys playing O-line were our starters...." I kind of agree. The defense totally dominated.

Which might be worth 0.

• Informative
Reactions: Aclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron