Football Scholarship Chart Tracker

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
OK, thanks Tim. I had never noticed the additional page tabbed as "Change Log" so that helps a lot.

CloneForever1

Jun 9, 2016
Why is Karson Green still on the roster at Cyclones.com? Was he not scholarship or is he injured, not able to play, and still on the team as a non-counting scholarship? Or did they just make a mistake?

timhisu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 29, 2010
Why is Karson Green still on the roster at Cyclones.com? Was he not scholarship or is he injured, not able to play, and still on the team as a non-counting scholarship? Or did they just make a mistake?

I suspect he is a student in good standing and will count towards the team's APR.

• Optimistic
Reactions: 4 cyclones

timhisu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 29, 2010
Yeah, I'll get on it this week. Been on paternity leave since Thanksgiving :)

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Yeah, I'll get on it this week. Been on paternity leave since Thanksgiving :)
A couple other notable drops from Cyclones.com roster. Vic Holmes, Josh Coleman, might also keep an eye on Cole Anderson, there were some twittes that sound like he might be graduating and stopping fball from the injuries....

timhisu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 29, 2010
ok, the chart is updated. shows us full at 85 for 2018. CMC is definitely looking to add in the spring period so that means attrition.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
ok, the chart is updated. shows us full at 85 for 2018. CMC is definitely looking to add in the spring period so that means attrition.
Could also see some changes coming with Med RS, it seemed like they were after some for a decent number....

timhisu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 29, 2010
I made a few more updates after consulting Alex Halsted at 247. The big one was that I forgot to remove Starcevich. So we're at 84 for now.

Reactions: Sigmapolis

timhisu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 29, 2010
Just wondering have you thought about splitting the Corners and Safeties?

I separate players by position as they are on the official roster. Working on a new web app version of the chart that will offer more positional details though.

Reactions: Aclone

CloneForever1

Jun 9, 2016
Is Tarique Milton no longer on the squad? Also, what about Johny Lang? Is he on the squad, not on scholarship??

timhisu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 29, 2010
Is Tarique Milton no longer on the squad? Also, what about Johny Lang? Is he on the squad, not on scholarship??

Yeah, I believe both will be on scholarship for 2018. Waiting for confirmation from somewhere before I add them.

CloneForever1

Jun 9, 2016
With the additions of 4 Cyning day scholarships (Purdy, Scates, Kyle plus Kempt now on scholarship), that puts us at 89. Obviously, something has to give. I have also heard so many glowing reports on Milton and Lang, that it is hard to imagine them not being on scholarship. Where do you see the scholarships coming from? Or is this a "spring practice will weed this out" kind of thing? We still plan to add 1 or 2 Grad transfer safeties, from what I hear.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
With the additions of 4 Cyning day scholarships (Purdy, Scates, Kyle plus Kempt now on scholarship), that puts us at 89. Obviously, something has to give. I have also heard so many glowing reports on Milton and Lang, that it is hard to imagine them not being on scholarship. Where do you see the scholarships coming from? Or is this a "spring practice will weed this out" kind of thing? We still plan to add 1 or 2 Grad transfer safeties, from what I hear.
There will be some attrition. Probably guys that are told they can stay on as a walk-on but are shown that they probably aren't going to see the field. Maybe that's dependent on spring practice for some kids, maybe for some it's not.

• Friendly
Reactions: 4 cyclones