Former Big 12 QB's in the NFL- Interesting

delt4cy

May 11, 2006
Atlanta, GA
So I was checking out a Texas board. www.barkingcarnival.com - Pretty comical board by the way.

Anyway, the QB article compares the Texas QB recruits of the 04 class and how they panned out. Further along it mentions that the only QB outside of Vince Young and Chris Simms to be playing in the NFL is Sage. (They forgot to mention Seneca so there could be more than just these 4)

but.... my question is and I don't have enough time or NFL knowledge to come up with it, are Seneca and Sage really the only two QB's out of the Big 12 to remain in the NFL, other than the Texas boys? Can anbody come up with others?

If so, that would certainly be a feather in Iowa State's hat. Pretty amazing actually.

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
That's pretty cool that half of the QBs in the NFL from the Big XII are from Iowa State.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I am trying to think of more from the Big XII, but can't come up with any...are there any former QBs that are now playing another position?

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
I was trying to look up some numbers to add to this thread and came across this. Totally off topic, but funny nonetheless.

10 Most Effeminate NFL Quarterbacks | Campus Squeeze

This picture is just too funny.

rex_grossman8.jpg

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
You could technically add a couple more to the MAC list. Chad Pennington and Byron Leftwich. Though Marshall is in CUSA now, they were in the MAC when both those guys were playing.

Which gets me to something I was thinking about last fantasy football season when thinking about drafting a QB. Just think of all the starting/strong backup QBs that did not come from BCS programs. Not really sure why that is.

From Favre to Roethlisberger to Warner, and I could probably come up with 10 more if I worked on it

I think Marshall was still 1-AA when Pennington was there.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Didn't Pennington and Moss play together at Marshall? I thought Moss played there when Marshall was 1-A.

I am pretty sure they were 1-AA right up untill Leftwich because I remember the guy that replaced Pennington was a Florida transfer that went there so he wouldn't have to sit out.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron