Good Article about Bo Williams...

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
I have a lot of respect for this young man and wish him all the success in the world - he deserves it.....

How many 20 years would have the maturity to not only go to college, play football, make grades but also help provide the leadership and guidance to his younger sister - speaks volumes for the kind of player and the man that Bo Williams is....

Good Luck young man, and I look forward to cheering #34 on next season.

K

Reactions: cyfanatic

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
I really don't understand how a kid can play football, go to college and still have time to care for his sister.

There was a big cover article in USAtoday yesterday about athletes and majors. It was eye opening to read how little time college athletes actually have available.

That is a lot of responsibility for a young man. I'm glad he likes Ames and the people. Hopefully, there is enough help when he needs it.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
How many 20 years would have the maturity to not only go to college, play football, make grades but also help provide the leadership and guidance to his younger sister - speaks volumes for the kind of player and the man that Bo Williams is....

I could barely take care of myself in college let alone taking on the responsibility of raising a teenage sibling! Good for Bo!

markshir

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Yep - Bowen did that at least over a summer. I'm not sure if it was during the school year.

I think it says volumes about the maturity of our players that they are taking on the responsibility to be role models and significant positive influences on others in their life. It makes me proud to have them with us.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Here was my typical in season schedule:

8:00 am to noon - classes (accounting major)

noon til 12:30 - eat

1 pm to 2ish - lift weights

2ish to 2:30 - get dressed for practice

2:30 to 3:15 - watch film with Skladany and other LB's

3:15 to 6:30ish - practice

6:30 to 7ish - supper

7ish to whenever I went to sleep - rest/tv/girlfriend with a little studying sprinkled in (mainly studied hard the night before a test).

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
WHen that's all you knew college to be, it wasn't that bad, but it sure seemed like a lot of downtime that last semester after my senior season. That's when a ton of fun was had.

Here was my typical in season schedule:

8:00 am to noon - classes (accounting major)

noon til 12:30 - eat

1 pm to 2ish - lift weights

2ish to 2:30 - get dressed for practice

2:30 to 3:15 - watch film with Skladany and other LB's

3:15 to 6:30ish - practice

6:30 to 7ish - supper

7ish to whenever I went to sleep - rest/tv/girlfriend with a little studying sprinkled in (mainly studied hard the night before a test).

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
In season.

6:00 am - lift
8:00 am - breaksfast
9:00-11 - class
11:30- 12 - lunch
12-1 a little rest
1:30-3 training room for my back
3-6 practice
6:30 dinner
7-7:45 extra cardio while roomates hit
7:45-8:15, little more therapy on the back...

Also had to miss almost every class on Thursdays and Fridays for travel. The worst was Spring Break, when your the only ones around...

Last edited:

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
WHen that's all you knew college to be, it wasn't that bad, but it sure seemed like a lot of downtime that last semester after my senior season. That's when a ton of fun was had.

I will agree with that. My last semester I no longer had football or a girlfriend so I finally went to the bars and got crazy.

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
Ace indeed also took care of his brother, However Ace was pretty much done with school at that point. None the less, still a lot of responsibility.
Bo is a great guy, he is super responsible and has a head on his shoulders. He doesnt really go out on weekends, so there is little risk of him being in something he shouldnt be. He is a leader and has dedication. He is also a good recruit host. Im glad to have him.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Being an athlete at a BCS schiil is very similar to holding a full time job while going to school, just with crazier hours.

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames
224 lbs... nice!

It's been a while since we've had a good back with his size. I'm really looking forward to seeing him next year.

What I've noticed as I've read story after story about about our players, the one thing they all seem to have in common is strong character.

We are indeed moving in the right direction.