How do current realignment issues affect 2022 recruiting class? (And beyond)

FeedBreece

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2020
I just can’t help but wonder.

On one hand, it should be remembered that we are mainly still acquiring guys on the 3 star level, with a few 4 star players here and there. It’s not like these guys will just bolt as if the program is going under, or that they were between a decision of coming here or starting at Alabama and are ready to flip.

But I really hope we don’t lose anything from this 2022 class. It’s a really promising class from the looks of it. Would hate to lose guys due to things completely out of our control.

• Agree
Reactions: 83cy

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
I just can’t help but wonder.

On one hand, it should be remembered that we are mainly still acquiring guys on the 3 star level, with a few 4 star players here and there. It’s not like these guys will just bolt as if the program is going under, or that they were between a decision of coming here or starting at Alabama and are ready to flip.

But I really hope we don’t lose anything from this 2022 class. It’s a really promising class from the looks of it. Would hate to lose guys due to things completely out of our control.

This class seems to have built a very strong bond. I don’t foresee a huge exodus. The 2023 class is what to keep an eye on.

• Agree
Reactions: demoncore1031

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
This class seems to have built a very strong bond. I don’t foresee a huge exodus. The 2023 class is what to keep an eye on.

I had these same thoughts. While we're supposed to be patient and we know its going to take a long time to work itself out, I can only imagine a guy like 2023 5-star Proctor being negatively recruited against. As in, why would you commit there, you won't be playing against the best competition.

Rio4CY

Sep 29, 2009
Ankeny, IA
Quaron Adams just committed knowing all the turmoil we could be in. Doesn't seem to affect the recruits right now.

Rio4CY

Sep 29, 2009
Ankeny, IA
I had these same thoughts. While we're supposed to be patient and we know its going to take a long time to work itself out, I can only imagine a guy like 2023 5-star Proctor being negatively recruited against. As in, why would you commit there, you won't be playing against the best competition.
Tell that to Gonzaga and Few! (Trust me...I agree with you, which makes me wonder how he does it over there)

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
This staff is great. I don’t expect major problems at first.

but the committed players will be under huge pressure to flip if this thing lasts until December. And it’ll get worse every year until we have a long term plan.

• Agree
Reactions: isucy86

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
This staff is great. I don’t expect major problems at first.

but the committed players will be under huge pressure to flip if this thing lasts until December. And it’ll get worse every year until we have a long term plan.

If things go to hell in a few years they can always take their one "free" transfer and not have to sit out. They aren't risking another school having to want them enough to have them sit out nor them maybe losing a year if they've redshirted.

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
Since we aren't recruiting 4 and 5 star head cases .... we are fine. Trust Matt and staff.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron