How is Purdy's health after last night?

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
The kid took a beating but also showed how tough he is too. Hopefully he didn't get injured.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I’d point much more blame at his guys up front letting people through and doing a poor job picking up blitzes.

That's still on CMC and staff. Everyone could see that indeed was happening to our OL. So in response we change up nothing?

There are still ways to try to counter that. I agree it isn't easy, but you don't just allow your QB to get destroyed. Use quick passes, screens, roll him out, etc, etc.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Sounded like he just got dinged up a bit, but will be okay. He can thank CMC and staff for nearly getting himself killed back there with no strategy to counter it.
He’s a freshman and will learn as he gets older that this isn’t HS and he shouldn’t be trying to hurdle over defenders. I like his aggressiveness and toughness, but in that situation when the game was basically over and it was 3rd and a mile, beating one defender isn’t worth the risk.
Now, if it was on the goalline and we needed a TD to win or get within 1 possession, then thats fine.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
That's still on CMC and staff. Everyone could see that indeed was happening to our OL. So in response we change up nothing?

There are still ways to try to counter that. I agree it isn't easy, but you don't just allow your QB to get destroyed. Use quick passes, screens, roll him out, etc, etc.
You aren’t wrong in that regard. Should have ran many more screens and we just have too many plays with deep routes that take too long to develop

• Agree
Reactions: SCarolinaCy

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
OR, maybe they had bigger, faster, stronger guys attacking our line, just asking!?!?
I like Campbell but his offense has been less than satisfactory. Long ways to go from being ready on the offensive line. Running up the gut with zone blocking makes no sense to me. Let alone how predictable its been. We needed a far better game plan last night. Shouldn't matter if we have David or not. Not enough creativity.

I do agree that we were out classed physically last night, but teams we beat handily put up better fights against Texas. Just a poor showing all around yesterday at the worst time.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
You aren’t wrong in that regard. Should have ran many more screens and we just have too many plays with deep routes that take too long to develop

There were way too many times that TX sent 2 LBers and all the pass routes were 25 yards down field. Need to really look at the film and figure out a way to give Purdy some quick hit options that make the LBers play pass defense instead of pinning their ears back and flying in on the edge. The OL is bad, but that isn't going to change this week. Just need to find a way to either give Purdy some time, or a way to attack where the blitzes are coming from.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

NebrClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006

I agree there were no plays called to counter the pressure. That is on CMC. Not the oline.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

We tried multiple times to runs screens, Texas had them read perfectly. There were times when theyd have two or three guys in front of our target on the play. I was actually impressed by Purdy to read it as quick as he did and not throw it into a sure pick.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
We tried multiple times to runs screens, Texas had them read perfectly. There were times when theyd have two or three guys in front of our target on the play. I was actually impressed by Purdy to read it as quick as he did and not throw it into a sure pick.

Yeah, on a couple they couldn’t have been there any faster if they were stealing our calls.

• Agree
Reactions: BoxsterCy

troutslayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 28, 2011
We could just give credit to Texas being the better team Saturday night. You know, something some people on this board complain about when the other team or coach doesn't give us credit after they lose to us. Texas dominated at home. Not to say ISU couldn't have done some things better, but in many ways Texas was just the better team. In regards to questioning CMC and his ability: Give me a break

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron