How is Purdy's health after last night?

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
We could just give credit to Texas being the better team Saturday night. You know, something some people on this board complain about when the other team or coach doesn't give us credit after they lose to us. Texas dominated at home. Not to say ISU couldn't have done some things better, but in many ways Texas was just the better team. In regards to questioning CMC and his ability: Give me a break

I think its just a norm for a fan base to blame their own team for losing the game rather than the other team actually being better and doing things to win the game.

Texas completely dominated this game. Took our offense out of their groove. Texas won this game. Iowa State didn't lose it themselves.

Could some adjustments been made? Yeah, probably.. but Texas flat out won every aspect.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
We could just give credit to Texas being the better team Saturday night. You know, something some people on this board complain about when the other team or coach doesn't give us credit after they lose to us. Texas dominated at home. Not to say ISU couldn't have done some things better, but in many ways Texas was just the better team. In regards to questioning CMC and his ability: Give me a break

Absolutely correct. People sitting in easy chairs thinking they could have came up with a better game plan than CMC are delustional.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
That's still on CMC and staff. Everyone could see that indeed was happening to our OL. So in response we change up nothing?

There are still ways to try to counter that. I agree it isn't easy, but you don't just allow your QB to get destroyed. Use quick passes, screens, roll him out, etc, etc.

What should the change up have been coach? Put in the backups that are even worse than the starters? Our O line is not good. You can’t hide that.

• Agree
Reactions: GM4ISU

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

I've seen all sorts of credit given to UT. They played really well and had the better game plan. They were also very motivated due to the circumstances (as were we).

Reactions: BoxsterCy

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
It seems to me, Texas did a lot of research on our defense in an attempt to stop WVU, in doing that, it helped their offense pick us apart and focus mostly on our offense leading up to the game. Also, being senior night, they showed up and beat the crap out of us. Happens, hopefully we shake it off and bring everything against KSU.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
I've got a good friend that coached 1 of the starting OL and said OL told him this summer that Texas by FAR had the toughest DL he has come up against and it wasn't even close. Saturday night confirmed that again I would guess.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
It seems to me, Texas did a lot of research on our defense in an attempt to stop WVU, in doing that, it helped their offense pick us apart and focus mostly on our offense leading up to the game. Also, being senior night, they showed up and beat the crap out of us. Happens, hopefully we shake it off and bring everything against KSU.

This is a great take. You win the post game meltdown.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I think its just a norm for a fan base to blame their own team for losing the game rather than the other team actually being better and doing things to win the game.

Texas completely dominated this game. Took our offense out of their groove. Texas won this game. Iowa State didn't lose it themselves.

Could some adjustments been made? Yeah, probably.. but Texas flat out won every aspect.

I think some of the frustration comes from Texas giving up yards and points by the bushel basket the two previous games and us not even threatening them at all on the offensive side Saturday night. I thought going in odds would be heavy for Texas but didn't expect to get totally shutdown like that. It looked like the Iowa game.

uro cy

Oct 28, 2006
I think some of the frustration comes from Texas giving up yards and points by the bushel basket the two previous games and us not even threatening them at all on the offensive side Saturday night. I thought going in odds would be heavy for Texas but didn't expect to get totally shutdown like that. It looked like the Iowa game.
If that Texas D had shown up the last few weeks, they would have won those games.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Same defense, different offenses and game plans. Unless you know of a bunch of injured players who came back on D.

• Disagree
Reactions: isufbcurt

clonebb

Oct 23, 2015
Texas did the same thing to us last year. They know that works against us.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
I've seen all sorts of credit given to UT. They played really well and had the better game plan. They were also very motivated due to the circumstances (as were we).
I don't know if they necessarily had a better game plan than we did...but they sure were able to execute their plan better than we could ours.

Reactions: Cyclonepride