Hunter Dekkers playing at Iowa Western in 2024

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
He was on the roster. Still is if you look at the 2023 team. And was actually going to be a RS Junior last year which I forgot, so he was on the team for 3 years.

Not totally sure how he can play JuCo based on their eligibility rules
I don’t care what the online roster says. That just means someone didn’t update it properly.

If you’re removed from the team and all team activities, you’re not on the roster.

To answer your question, over the years in both football and basketball, occasional players have managed to squeeze in another JC year because they hadn’t actually played two.

Then when they transfer to an NCAA school, the NCAA just calls them a senior right away. It’s rare, but it happens.

For all I know, someone is calling this his COVID year or something. The NJCAA doesn’t have the same rules as the NCAA, they just try to cooperate with them for transfers.

Hunter doesn’t have to worry much about that.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
I also just realized that the AFL is relaunching, but instead of bringing the Barnstormers in they're doing a Council Bluffs team and calling it the "Iowa Rampage".

About that...

iowa-rampage.jpg

Even the Philadelphia franchise isn't immune:

• Wow
Reactions: khardbored

4theheckofit

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2013
Dekkers is going juco under the urging of a former coach who left for the NFL and urged him to get more tape of any kind.

There's no question the physical attributes were there...the mental side can be fixed with maturity and a reckoning of sorts with what could have been.

I wish him all the luck in the world and will still be a fan of his.

Reactions: LincolnSwinger