I Guess Chizik Couldn't Recruiting Linebackers

bfross

Apr 10, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
When a player RS FR is beat out by a RS JR walk-on that has yet to letter and a player that has yet to practice at ISU, and has lost 20 lbs since arriving on campus, it is fair to say he appears like he could be a miss imo.

Yeah, because every redshirt freshman scholly player an upper classman walk-on beat out were busts? :huh:

I don't think it is fair to call any player coming off their redshirt year a bust. Again, this isn't basketball. Ideally, we have players ready to be in the two deeps by the time they are in their Jr year. That is how you build consistency.

I thought I read that Hamlin had a staff infection that led to his weight loss. If that was the case, the weight loss hardly seems like any fault of his own.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Yeah, because every redshirt freshman scholly player an upper classman walk-on beat out were busts? :huh:

I don't think it is fair to call any player coming off their redshirt year a bust. Again, this isn't basketball. Ideally, we have players ready to be in the two deeps by the time they are in their Jr year. That is how you build consistency.

I thought I read that Hamlin had a staff infection that led to his weight loss. If that was the case, the weight loss hardly seems like any fault of his own.

I am not trying to be fair. I do not see Hamlin contributing.
It was McDonough who had the staff infection.

isu200023

Aug 19, 2008
Are you saying that the LB spot is more vital to the defense than the DL? No way am I going down that road.

No kidding. Most knowlegable people contend it starts up front. While they may have been good w/ the likes of Roth, Babineaux, etc in front of them, Hodge and Greenway had troubles when the line was gone. Sorry for the Hawk analogy. A good d-line allows LB'ers to run free to the ball and helps cover up inefficiencies in the secondary. Same goes for the offense. It's fact.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron