I know Star Ratings don't mean much, but...

sodakjoe

Sep 15, 2006
Ames via Sioux Falls, SD
It sure makes me happy to see a decent number of 3 star recruits on the CR commit list, given the late coaching change. I just hope Rhoads can turn combine them with our young experience from last season and turn us into a decent program. 6 wins please? :cute:

CR Commit List

Last edited:

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I'm excited to see the size and 40 times of some of these guys. Say what you want about that scumbag who left for Auburn, but he brought in some athletes in last year's class. Here's hoping that PR has the same philosophy.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
Money i think use to be a 5* if im not mistakin...I like Paul Rhoads and this staff..They are putting together one hell of a recruiting class, i cant wait to see what he does next year recruitng wise with a whole year to work...I see us picking up a couple 4 stars next year and a crap load of three's

d4nim4l

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
Kansas and Missouri both are good examples of taking "3-star" talent and making something happen with them. You have to do that before you can start pulling in loads of 4 and 5s.

trajanJ

Sep 11, 2008
Actually some of KU's best players (currently 3 of them playing in the NFL) were all 2-star players. That rating system is questionable. Unlike basketball, most of the guys don't play against each other so you can't compare them head to head. Plus 40 times are such a small part of what makes a football player. Lateral movement could be even more important, and you can't measure heart. All you have to do is look at every NFL roster and see all the players from non-BCS schools to know there's talent out there that the big boys are going to overlook.

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
It sure makes me happy to see a decent number of 3 star recruits on the CR commit list, given the late coaching change. I just hope Rhoads can turn combine them with our young experience from last season and turn us into a decent program. 6 wins please? :cute:

CR Commit List

What makes it even better is they should all be 4 star recruits if not for being ISU commits! :wink::biglaugh::skeptical::sad:

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Money i think use to be a 5* if im not mistakin..

It was either Sporting news football preview, or Lindys B12 preview but Money Reynolds was in the top 100 Juco players list.

I wouldnt be surprised to find out he was a 5 star at one time just based off that analysis. That listed was him as a QB. Perhaps the transition to WR downgraded him.

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
The stars look good for the players and our commit list do not get me wrong. 4 and 5 star players sometimes do not pan out as well. I think coach Rhoades and this staff are doing an absolute great job with recruiting and will in the future for Iowa State. I am excited for all the recruits that we get because you just never know who will be a good player even if the stars are not there. I am also glad to see that the players are back from last year thank you soooo much guys I respect you very very much I think you have a wonderful coach and human being. The spring game and August can not come soon enough!!!!!

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Reynolds was originally a 5 star QB on Scout.

I know everybody ******* back and forth about stars......they are certainly not the end all and be all.

What they do mean is someone with more stars has a better chance to make an impact on a team.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
I'm pretty excited too. I really like how much Rhoads has done with recruiting in a short time. Imagine a whole recruiting season! I'm glad were revamping our weak spots. I.E. safeties, hopefully we can pick up a few more D-Line. Is it august yet?

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
I hate to talk about our rival school, but Iowa's class is truly pathetic right now. They are VERY lucky that there is some good in state talent this year that grew up Hawkeye fans. They currently only have one 3 star commit that is outside the state of Iowa.

Regardless of what they say, the off field problems are killing their chances w/ a lot of recruits. Other coaches are using that against them, I guarantee you.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
I hate to talk about our rival school, but Iowa's class is truly pathetic right now. They are VERY lucky that there is some good in state talent this year that grew up Hawkeye fans. They currently only have one 3 star commit that is outside the state of Iowa.

Regardless of what they say, the off field problems are killing their chances w/ a lot of recruits. Other coaches are using that against them, I guarantee you.

Obsessive over the hawks!!:jimlad:

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

How could a rival school not mention all that stuff? It's the easiest tool, and they hand it right to you.

nhclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2008
I wish PR would've been here to recruit all season and see of some of the in state talent would come our way. It was a pretty strong class this year and it would've ben nice to snag a couple more kids.