Incarnate Word season watch thread

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
DsTXm98WwAAsVtW.jpg:large

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
In Sagarin, IW is #173 and Montana State is #141. IW is on the road too, so they’ll be underdogs. Still, I expect IW to win the National title at this point.

What a ******* joke. We finally find the worst team in FCS and the make the ******* playoffs.
Nah, they will beat Montana State and get destroyed in Fargo on Dec 1st.

• Agree
Reactions: 2speedy1 and CyArob

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
In Sagarin, IW is #173 and Montana State is #141. IW is on the road too, so they’ll be underdogs. Still, I expect IW to win the National title at this point.

What a ******* joke. We finally find the worst team in FCS and the make the ******* playoffs.

Agree, what was I thinking? I forgot we are ISU for a second.

IW will either win their first playoff game, or they will lose it, and then proceed to beat us on Dec 1st. Just because.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Teams who have only played 10 games in FCS and didn’t make the playoffs

Sacramento State
North Arizona
Presbyterian
William & Mary
Hampton
North Alabama
Savannah State
Howard
Tennessee State
Jacksonville
Furman
SF Austin (same conference as IW)

Start calling Pollard. Offer whatever it takes

No Hampton please!

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL

Sacramento State
North Arizona
Presbyterian
William & Mary
Hampton
North Alabama
Savannah State
Howard
Tennessee State
Jacksonville
Furman

Like somebody else mentioned, I’m sure JP has already contacted one of them and offered the same deal he did to IW, in case IW wins their first game. Maybe told a team to be on standby just in case. I have no idea what the rules are and who needs to be contacted, but no way is JP just sitting there doing nothing waiting for the IW game to happen.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
It’s the week of thanksgiving, I am thankful we don’t have to play Incarnate Word!

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Sacramento State
North Arizona
Presbyterian
William & Mary
Hampton
North Alabama
Savannah State
Howard
Tennessee State
Jacksonville
Furman

Would have to do this is in a BIG hurry unless some backup has already been discussed. I am finding this pretty unlikely. They had to stop practice effective with their last game. Guess they could pick that up again with a scheduled game but still thinking it's unlikely. The advantage would be getting a couple weeks practice in and getting a small financial payback..

(c) Championship Subdivision Football. Activities between the institution's last contest and the conclusion of the academic year are limited to required weight training, conditioning, review of game film and walk-throughs (see Bylaw 17.02.20). A student-athlete's participation in such activities shall be limited to a maximum of eight hours per week, of which not more than two hours per week may be spent on the viewing of film and participating in walk-throughs. All activities beginning with the start of summer conditioning and outside the playing season shall be conducted pursuant to Bylaws 17.10.6.2 and 17.10.6.5.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014

Sacramento State
North Arizona
Presbyterian
William & Mary
Hampton
North Alabama
Savannah State
Howard
Tennessee State
Jacksonville
Furman

Surprisingly there are several FBS teams that missed a game this year as well, that never rescheduled. Not that I think these are better options or that any of these would be willing to come, although a couple could need a game to get bowl eligible, which again is not a great option for us. Just saying there are plenty of options out there to get a game scheduled.
These are the FBS teams that are short a game, and have not rescheduled:
West Virginia
North Carolina
Virginia Tech
Southern Miss
App State
UCF.....LOL

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
You don't really think we would lose to them, do you? Last night was simply not that bad.

Maybe turn on your sarcasm detector. ;) Think he is for sure jokingly referencing that before the five game winning streak that the IC Word game was projected to be one we maybe would need to get to 6-6. We obviously don't "need" that anymore.

Last edited:

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
You don't really think we would lose to them, do you? Last night was simply not that bad.

Would certainly think it wouldn't happen, but if they get KSU'd this week it will at least be a moot point for a winning record.

And the way ISU has looked the last few weeks (in reality, not just thinking everything's fine because they score more points) last night was more of a culmination and a result of continued bad tackling, bad blocking, bad secondary play, and an offense that struggles to keep teams off balance, no matter how much pre-snap shifting they do.

Good news is that CMC likely gets more out of his players than Herman does because Texas' talent is the actual level that some around here seem to think ISU has.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron