Incarnate Word season watch thread

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
It’s a great player development thing. Campbell and pollard made a big deal about playing the game whether we had 9 wins or 2. We’ll play

Agree. Glad they have an option. I just didn't think they would be able to do that on such short notice. Some team that's shut down practice for the season would have to pick practice up again and than fly in here. I guess that same "opportunity for extra practice" was also a selling point for a possible replacement, in addition to some cash American to be earned.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Agree. Glad they have an option. I just didn't think they would be able to do that on such short notice. Some team that's shut down practice for the season would have to pick practice up again and than fly in here. I guess that same "opportunity for extra practice" was also a selling point for a possible replacement, in addition to some cash American to be earned.

Jokes on them, we pay in Euro

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
Try opening in an incognito window? Not sure if that works with Register but does with some other papers with the article limits.

BTW, I am not a total cheapo, I do subscribe to three newspapers, just not any interest in anything from Iowa. I cheap it occasionally for the NY Daily News for Yankee articles.
You should get the athletic they have great articles on MLB, Yankees, and even Iowa State.

• Creative
Reactions: CTTB78

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
It’s a great player development thing. Campbell and pollard made a big deal about playing the game whether we had 9 wins or 2. We’ll play

This is exactly why I hope we have a game 1 way or another on Dec. 1. Even if it is freezing cold out and Jack Trice is just half full, that game is a big deal for playing guys who could still redshirt to get them some real game experience and development that you can't emulate in practice. We have such a young team and some guys that will be counted on to step into some key 2 deep roles next year that it would be great to get them some meaningful snaps in a real game now that they would not have gotten otherwise this season. How many games has Downing played in so far? If he's still under 4 he's a guy that should play quite a bit in that game, Re-Al is another guy then you have some key backups like Foster on the OL and lots of young backups on the defensive side of the ball who are #2 behind seniors that could see some significant playing time too.

I'd doubt they just sit all their main guys for this game but you'd think if ISU got out to comfortably 2 or 3 TD lead the main guys would come out early.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Teams who have only played 10 games in FCS and didn’t make the playoffs

Sacramento State
North Arizona
Presbyterian
William & Mary
Hampton
North Alabama
Savannah State
Howard
Tennessee State
Jacksonville
Furman
SF Austin (same conference as IW)

Start calling Pollard. Offer whatever it takes

My vote is to get the worst possible FCS team. If there’s a chance they play in a warm-weather conference, even better.
My 5:
1. Sacramento State (2-8, 0-7 Big Sky)
2. Presbyterian (2-8, 0-4 Big South) (Nickname: Blue Hose!)
3. Savannah State (2-8, 1-6 MEAC)
4. Jacksonville (2-8, 1-7 Pioneer)
5. SF Austin (2-8, 2-7 Southland)

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
My vote is to get the worst possible FCS team. If there’s a chance they play in a warm-weather conference, even better.
My 5:
1. Sacramento State (2-8, 0-7 Big Sky)
2. Presbyterian (2-8, 0-4 Big South) (Nickname: Blue Hose!)
3. Savannah State (2-8, 1-6 MEAC)
4. Jacksonville (2-8, 1-7 Pioneer)
5. SF Austin (2-8, 2-7 Southland)

Because my brain knows stupid stuff and I follow FCS football--

Presbyterian won't count as they are in the process of dropping to non-scholarship and are under the scholarship minimum. Savannah State is reclassifying to D2 next year so they are under the scholarship minimum. Jacksonville is already non-scholarship. SFA fired their coach this morning.

I would call up Southern Illinois, Murray State and Eastern Kentucky. All terrible teams that have young coaches that might want a learning experience. I'd also call Indiana State. They should have been in the playoffs but still wouldn't be much of a threat.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest

Presbyterian won't count as they are in the process of dropping to non-scholarship and are under the scholarship minimum. Savannah State is reclassifying to D2 next year so they are under the scholarship minimum. Jacksonville is already non-scholarship. SFA fired their coach this morning.

I would call up Southern Illinois, Murray State and Eastern Kentucky. All terrible teams that have young coaches that might want a learning experience. I'd also call Indiana State. They should have been in the playoffs but still wouldn't be much of a threat.

We can loan them a coach for 1 game!

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Pretty sure we are not playing IW. There will be a game on Dec 1 though. Will be interesting to see the reaction here.

Reactions: isutrevman

amishclone

Feb 23, 2014

Deion Broomfield says hi

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com

Much more informed than I am with the particulars.

SIU, Murray and EKU sound OK to me. Honestly, even with IW being a playoff team, that ought not pose a major threat anyway, but it might require more effort to get to the "get backups playing time and give starters some rest" stage.

• Agree
Reactions: awd4cy

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
If we want easy, why don't we contact some big ten teams and they can call it a bowl game. Chris Ash may agree to bring that Rutgers team to Ames for the Iowa bowl and get beat by a better big XII team than Kansas.

Help Support Us

Become a patron