Iowa Corn Cy-Hawk Series

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
And Tennis dropped the match to Iowa sealing the series for them.

Not a big surprise. They're still two players short of a "full" roster, and one is hurt. Need 6 to field a full line-up, and right now they've only got 5 available. Giving up 1 point (or 2) right out of the gate.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Not a big surprise. They're still two players short of a "full" roster, and one is hurt. Need 6 to field a full line-up, and right now they've only got 5 available. Giving up 1 point (or 2) right out of the gate.
Yeah, they were shorthanded according to the Cyclones.com writeup.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Does basketball matter this year? It only seems to matter in years Iowa wins for some reason.
Nope, that one matters a lot. The Cy-Hawk corn series does not. Football, mens bball, wrestling and women’s bball in that order are all that really matters. I would give them this weight.

Football 50%
Mens Bball 25%
Wrestling 15%
Womens Bball 10%

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Nope, that one matters a lot. The Cy-Hawk corn series does not. Football, mens bball, wrestling and women’s bball in that order are all that really matters. I would give them this weight.

Football 50%
Mens Bball 25%
Wrestling 15%
Womens Bball 10%
Interesting on the women’s basketball. Up to about 3-5 years ago, we would get ripped for even mentioning WBB from Iowa fans. Wrestling is a regional sport and if you asked anybody but Iowa and Penn state fans, wrestling would be under WBB and be right with volleyball or so.

I would take at least 5% from wrestling and put it to MBB. To say that MBB is not even 2x as big as wrestling isn’t true. 3x, I would agree with.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Interesting on the women’s basketball. Up to about 3-5 years ago, we would get ripped for even mentioning WBB from Iowa fans. Wrestling is a regional sport and if you asked anybody but Iowa and Penn state fans, wrestling would be under WBB and be right with volleyball or so.

I would take at least 5% from wrestling and put it to MBB. To say that MBB is not even 2x as big as wrestling isn’t true. 3x, I would agree with.
I feel in the state of Iowa it is bigger. ISU has had a really good wrestling program and is probably a blue blood in the sport.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I feel in the state of Iowa it is bigger. ISU has had a really good wrestling program and is probably a blue blood in the sport.
I’m a wrestling fan and I will admit I’m in the minority and the number of MBB fans far outweigh wrestling fans. I used to help call wrestling duals for the local HS and our numbers were a couple hundred, whereas basketball would break a thousand online viewers every time. Attendance at meets/games are pretty similar and my kids HS is considered to be an old big name in wrestling.