Iowa Football Recruiting

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Not sure on the numbers, but stores bought up tons of Swarm initially, which saw a large amount of NIL funds coming through and the collective thought those numbers would continue. Once people realized the beer sucked (even most Hawk fans don't like it), the product didn't move and stores haven't ordered more (stores had pallets that didn't sell).

No doubt the Ames lager is a better beer. West O did a good job there. I feel like Exile pushed that swarm beer out too quickly.

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLNST8

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
We are lucky to have people like Blum working for the We Will collective.
I’ve heard that a lot (if not all) of Iowa’s major and even mid-level NIL contributors bypass SWARM as none of them like or trust the leadership and operation of the collective.

Blum is able to balance the collective really well while also helping the non We Will contributions. And everybody likes, trusts, and respects him. That goes an enormously long way in attracting repeat donors across the full spectrum of giving.

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
I’ve heard that a lot (if not all) of Iowa’s major and even mid-level NIL contributors bypass SWARM as none of them like or trust the leadership and operation of the collective.

Blum is able to balance the collective really well while also helping the non We Will contributions. And everybody likes, trusts, and respects him. That goes an enormously long way in attracting repeat donors across the full spectrum of giving.
It also helps the collective not giving $85k to a kid that transfers back to Alabama…

Reactions: exCYtable