Iowa State opens as 4 pt underdog at OSU

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
But then you have to ask yourself, are the rolls and cinnamon butter worth all the trouble?

Well, is it?
Considering that the table we were seated at last time was not washed hardly, chunks of food still stuck to the table, and hand prints on the glass dividers.......it really wasn’t.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
I've been on the right side of every ISU spread (and money line for OU) so far this season but I have absolutely zero clue what to do for this one

Reactions: coolmooinlou

CycloneWarrior

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 10, 2008
Urbandale,Ia
Best part is that this isn’t a “must win” in order to make the Big 12 championship game. Unfortunately, our playoff aspirations sailed away in week one.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Considering that the table we were seated at last time was not washed hardly, chunks of food still stuck to the table, and hand prints on the glass dividers.......it really wasn’t.

Was actually thinking 'those sound kinda good' (I hate places like Texas Roadhouse) but yeah when the Covids is gone this is a good reminder to keep avoiding it.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Best part is that this isn’t a “must win” in order to make the Big 12 championship game. Unfortunately, our playoff aspirations sailed away in week one.
In reality you are probably right but if we go 10-1 and undefeated in Big 12 we should be in the playoff. Those non conference games were just funky all around and should be taken with a grain of salt.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
In reality you are probably right but if we go 10-1 and undefeated in Big 12 we should be in the playoff. Those non conference games were just funky all around and should be taken with a grain of salt.

I agree he's right, but I'm totally with you. Wholly unfair that game can be held against us when other teams did not plan any non-conference games.

• Agree
Reactions: motorcy90 and NWICY

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006

If we were an established big name team then I agree. But the name on the front of the jersey means that ISU needs to be perfect to get their name in those conversations. But honestly, after seeing Alabama and Clemson this weekend, it's probably better to avoid those teams.

Get to the Big12 CCG as a step this year and shoot for a New Years 6 bowl game. Get your name in the conversations with big name teams. Enjoy the bowl season instead of seeing ISU get stomped in a CFP game.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

That's a big NOPE from me. I would have been out of there. Back to the real topic, I'm plenty nervous about this game but by golly we've got a chance to really solidify ourselves if this go right in Stillwater. It should be a dandy game.

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
If we were an established big name team then I agree. But the name on the front of the jersey means that ISU needs to be perfect to get their name in those conversations. But honestly, after seeing Alabama and Clemson this weekend, it's probably better to avoid those teams.

Get to the Big12 CCG as a step this year and shoot for a New Years 6 bowl game. Get your name in the conversations with big name teams. Enjoy the bowl season instead of seeing ISU get stomped in a CFP game.
Since the big 12 champ does not get an auto to the Sugar Bowl this year, I will assume Cotton/Fiesta? Is the Big 12 champ guaranteed a NY6, also wonder if we ran the table but lost in the championship game if we would be close to a NY6 bowl, I would guess not because there are very few at large berths

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Since the big 12 champ does not get an auto to the Sugar Bowl this year, I will assume Cotton/Fiesta? Is the Big 12 champ guaranteed a NY6, also wonder if we ran the table but lost in the championship game if we would be close to a NY6 bowl, I would guess not because there are very few at large berths
Cotton Bowl is where the Big 12 champ heads this year, assuming no CFP invite.

• Informative
Reactions: Aclone

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
I'm not concerned about this game. Not to mean that I think we'll win quite the contrary. I'm more concerned about KSU game. I think that will be the one that will be the tougher game and will be more pressure to win.

• Agree
  • Wow
Reactions: Joe4Cy and surly

Clonedogg

Sep 4, 2009
CR, IA
biblehub.com
I mistakenly wore my Cyclones gear the day of the ULL game. Thinking my game day gear curse wouldn't be a problem with an outmatched opponent like that.

Since then I've been very careful not to don anything ISU on game day. I plan to keep the streak alive on Saturday. You can thank me afterwards.

"It's only weird if it doesn't work."

I threw away the shirt I was wearing that day. Its always been a bad gameday shirt but I liked the shirt (a nice yellow one, a combo sometimes hard to find for ISU) and I thought we were going to win relatively easily enough.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
I agree he's right, but I'm totally with you. Wholly unfair that game can be held against us when other teams did not plan any non-conference games.

I agree - but there's 0 chance we would go in over any 1-loss B10/SEC school.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I'm not concerned about this game. Not to mean that I think we'll win quite the contrary. I'm more concerned about KSU game. I think that will be the one that will be the tougher game and will be more pressure to win.
Guess which of the two games is in Ames?

And which one is in Brocktober?