ISU #4 in ESPN FPI

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I've attended three UNI games in person this spring. They are not good on offense. I'm predicting a shut out of them.
I was happy our local team (MSU-Missouri State Univ.) FINALLY beat them a few weeks ago. Missouri Valley did a few games this past fall, most of the 'fall' season played this spring.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Reactions: motorcy90

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Wonder if we find a way to trip over our own cleats and lose to Iowa and/or UNI or if Campbell finally figures out how to have a team start the season with a killer instinct? I’m excited as heck, but the start of every season the past five years has been butt ugly.
I understand the hand wringing about the slow starts to the season, but Campbell has gotten over a hump in basically every season at ISU. Season 1 was being competitive, season 2 was finding ways to win, season 3 was handling expectations, season 4 was perhaps a reset/realization of what was needed to compete for a Big 12 title, and season 5 was the culmination of competing for championships. Season 6 would seem to be where it all comes together. Matt figured out how to keep the team fresh to finish the season last year. Now with all of the returning talent, there should be no reason they can’t figure out how to be sharp in September.
Just building intrigue. More compelling this way!

That said, we need to beat the Iowa beakers!

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
It's nice to be in the conversation and to be in the playoffs would be awesome beyond belief after decades of futility, but we haven't won anything. The ranking that matters is at the end of the year. We need to be thinking UNI.
I predict we will defeat the UNI Pissers (I mean Panthers) quite handily this year.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Please no. If somehow ISU makes it to the championship game I don't want to play ******* OU again. I don't care how good it would be for the conference.

Replace Oklahoma with anyone too. I don't want to play anyone 3 times in one year. Especially if we had already miraculously beat them twice already or something.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
As we've said, even being discussed in same breath as "playoff" is kool-aid personified.

That said, I'd be shocked if Big 12 got two of the 4 slots.

Almost impossible with a full round robin and a championship game.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclones500

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Almost impossible with a full round robin and a championship game.
If OU smoked everyone else on their more than respectable schedule, and only lost (twice narrowly) to an undefeated ISU, it’s not all that impossible. There won’t be that many one loss teams, and the committee would say the Sooners passed the eye test.

We all know they would.

And, most importantly, we pocket a bigger chunk of bowl revenue. :cool:

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
If OU smoked everyone else on their more than respectable schedule, and only lost (twice narrowly) to an undefeated ISU, it’s not all that impossible. There won’t be that many one loss teams, and the committee would say the Sooners passed the eye test.

We all know they would.

And, most importantly, we pocket a bigger chunk of bowl revenue. :cool:
I can see both Iowa State and Oklahoma getting in if they split and both only have 1 loss to each other. THE CFB Committee has already gone down that road. However, they have not gone down the road of a 2 loss Conference Champion yet - let alone a 2 loss non-conference champion. Even 2 loss Penn State which won the B1G and BEAT Ohio State head to head didn't get chosen for the CFB Playoff in 2016. Just my onion.

Reactions: Aclone

Help Support Us

Become a patron