ISU vs KU - 11 am CST on FSN

timdcy

Nov 27, 2006
The Gore Range
It looks like I'll be screwed out of watching this game through my Comcast Cable subscription here in Colorado. I have the sports package, but AT&T Sports Network will only be showing a replay early Sunday morning. I also checked the Fox Sports Go App, and they will not be offering the game live.

Someone mentioned Hulu, so maybe I'll give that a shot, but it seems like every time we get a game on FSN, I'm never able to watch it out here.

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
Ah the old FSN.... I almost forgot what it was like to have FSN as the coverage station.

YIKES!
TEAMRANKINGS NUMBERFIRE SPREAD CONSENSUS PICK SPREAD MONEY LINE O/U
i

Kansas
3-7, 4-6-0 ATS

-- -- -- +24.5 -- --
i

Iowa State
6-4, 5-4-1 ATS

-- -- -24.5 --

ILikeCy

Dec 16, 2008
Omaha
So I have would have to think since we're playing KU that it would be on Fox Sports Kansas City, won't it?
Here's the full list of FSN affiliates carrying the game. Pretty surprised Fox Sports Kansas City isn't carrying it for the KU fans, but maybe they also get Fox Sports Midwest in that area.

• Informative
Reactions: Aclone

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Wow this thread is a throwback. I remember going to the bowling alley with my parents when I was 10 or so, sitting at the bar filled with cigarette smoke, and navigating the satellite menu on a 20-inch TV. Of course, the few times I actually found an ISU game, we were down 28-0 at halftime.

/csb

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Check your local listings too, I'm getting the game on FoxSports Southwest here in Texas. Might be the case elsewhere.

upload_2019-11-21_16-47-26.png

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Here's the full list of FSN affiliates carrying the game. Pretty surprised Fox Sports Kansas City isn't carrying it for the KU fans, but maybe they also get Fox Sports Midwest in that area.

I just checked my guide and I have the game listed on Fox Sports Kansas City.

• Informative
Reactions: ILikeCy

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Looks like I'll get to see this one.

Kinda glad it's an 11 am start. I'm hoping ISU comes out and does what they need to (win without weirdness) and the rest of the day/night is watching potential chaos.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
So, who wants to talk about the actual game? I don't see a thread started other than this one, so I will post here:

Watched the condensed version of the KU vs OSU game, and this is what I saw:

KU really loaded up the box to stop the OSU running game, and it sorta work. They also had a lot single coverage, which OSU beat over the top a couple times. I look for the TE's to have a huge game. Hall will probably have a big game, but it will be several long runs, rather than a workman like game because of the way KU will defend.

On offense KU has Williams and sometimes Stanley. They have some real solid looking WRs, and Stanley can hit guys with enough time. He really struggles with pressure, so hopefully ISU will dial some up. Stanley really likes to throw over the middle. He had a nice fade pass to the endzone for a TD. Generally speaking the OSU defense shut down KU and had very little trouble with Williams. KU scored 2 TDs at the end of the game. OSU also missed 3 FGs to keep the game as close as it was. I like the ISU defense better that OSU, so I will be disappointed if they give up more than a couple scores.

Take care of the ball, get some pressure on Stanley, and ISU should be playing Re-al for most of the second half.

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
It's a Big Game to me. Kansas must be destroyed! I have NEVER seen Iowa State beat Kansas in person with an (0-2) record: 1992 and 1994 losses in Ames. So, I want to see Iowa State kick some Kans-ass!
In person, I remember ISU being up 20-0 at half. Games end, Lost. Don't remember the year.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
2008! Looked like Chizik was gonna get his first big win fairly early in year 2. Didn’t hardly compete with anyone the rest of the year.
Ugh, I was in the student section at that game. Even up big at half, I was just waiting for us to blow that one.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
2008! Looked like Chizik was gonna get his first big win fairly early in year 2. Didn’t hardly compete with anyone the rest of the year.

I went to the Mizzou game that season.

Chase Daniel basically just had to sit back and pick who hadn't had a reception for a while.

Chizik was likely texting Auburn's people during the game working out details.

• Funny
Reactions: khardbored

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I went to the Mizzou game that season.

Chase Daniel basically just had to sit back and pick who hadn't had a reception for a while.
Today? Hopefully Brock just has to sit back and figure out who hasn’t had a reception in a while.

(Hint: That’s Joe Scates)

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
Seemed like a lock. Totally collapsed in second half

Inthesystem

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 12, 2009
I signed up for the free Hulu with Live TV trial and it shows up on the guide.

• Informative
Reactions: Aclone