AIRING TODAY: Jack Trice story coming to ESPN this fall

Kagavi

Mar 4, 2013
California
www.kagavi.com
Emerging from my lair to share this.

There will be two small pieces about Jack Trice on ESPN this fall. One will be in the weekly documentary series and another in a film later this season. At least that's the plan as it stands now.

I will have other things coming soon. (Biting tongue so hard blood gushes down my body...)

UPDATE ON JANUARY 6, 2020:

Hock Films did two documentaries for ESPN CFB150 and the first one premiered earlier this fall (The College Game) and the second one is going to premiere this weekend (The College Player).

Originally slated for the first film, the small Jack Trice story, perhaps a few minutes long, got pushed back to the second film. If I recall correctly, they only had 90 minutes to talk about every player in the history of college football, so the fact that Jack is getting a few minutes is BIG TIME!

Tune in, why don't ya.

Last edited:

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Cool!

It came up in the CGD thread and it would have been nice, although when you really think about it, the JT story has some real depth that a segment on a college football pregame show would probably be a tough spot.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

Kagavi

Mar 4, 2013
California
www.kagavi.com
Was disappointed to not see a story on Gameday since I'm sure JP and the AD pitched it

That would surprise me if they did. Their attention is elsewhere as seen today.

...like a 30 for 30?

Not that I know of.

They should really do one on Johnny Bright from Drake also. I would love to see that as well.

Pretty sure at least one of them talks about him.

I hope you take a victory lap or two.

No way. That's how the bad people get me. More later, as always.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
That would surprise me if they did. Their attention is elsewhere as seen today.

Not that I know of.

Pretty sure at least one of them talks about him.

No way. That's how the bad people get me. More later, as always.
Love your stuff Kagavi!!!!

Bright was talked about on the ESPN College 150 Documentary series. One of them I've watched several of the different ones can't remember which one has the story about him, may have been the main documentary.

Reactions: Knownothing

Draf

Jun 8, 2017
Emerging from my lair to share this.

There will be two small pieces about Jack Trice on ESPN this fall. One will be in the weekly documentary series and another in a film later this season. At least that's the plan as it stands now.

I will have other things coming soon. (Biting tongue so hard blood gushes down my body...)
Very good to hear this news/update.

• Agree
Reactions: skibumspe

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Great to hear from you Josh. Can't wait to see it.

Kagavi

Mar 4, 2013
California
www.kagavi.com
Edited this into the original post, but here it is again:

Hock Films did two documentaries for ESPN CFB150 and the first one premiered earlier this fall (The College Game) and the second one is going to premiere this weekend (The College Player).

Originally slated for the first film, the small Jack Trice story, perhaps a few minutes long, got pushed back to the second film. If I recall correctly, they only had 90 minutes to talk about every player in the history of college football, so the fact that Jack is getting a few minutes is BIG TIME!

Tune in, why don't ya.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron